Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Farmworker

Hello everyone, I received my 1025R TLB just the other day and have been having a great time with it using it for a grand total of 7 hours of mowing, backhoe, and FEL work. Unfortunately, last night after taking off the FEL and backhoe I could not get the 3-point arms to move! (I wanted to try out removing the MMM which of course uses the 3-point).

My problem is that the 3-point lift arms will not move under control of the tractor either up or down, however I can easily move them by hand with very little resistance. Also, the mower adjustment height knob will NOT move with either the tractor on or off.

I've tried:

• Re-connecting the power beyond hose 3 times in case if it was seating poorly (A little oil came out each time so it seems to be connecting)
  • Adjusting the drop rate knob under the seat through its full range of motion
  • Operating the engine at idle and high RPM
  • Inspecting linkages (appear fine to my untrained eye)
  • Moving the loader valve through its entire range of motion in case of any air in the hydraulic lines
  • Checking dipstick at rear of transmission (It was 1/2 way up the hash marks)
  • Looking for leaks - none found
  • Shifted through both gears in forward, reverse, and 4WD in an attempt to get fluid to move all throughout the tractor

Is there anything I'm missing? I've never used a machine like this before so please don't assume any prior knowledge on my part! I really don't want to have to lose the tractor for a week or two for something small to get warranty work done. Below should be a picture of the linkage that connects to the 3-Pt height lever/Position Control and another of the linkage that connects the MMM lift mechanical lift mechanism to the 3-point lift arm. Its hard to notice due to the poor picture, but that silver bolt is sliding through that silver bracket - Is that normal?

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Auto part Tire Vehicle

Auto part Engine

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,591 Posts
View attachment 482570

Hello everyone, I received my 1025R TLB just the other day and have been having a great time with it using it for a grand total of 7 hours of mowing, backhoe, and FEL work. Unfortunately, last night after taking off the FEL and backhoe I could not get the 3-point arms to move! (I wanted to try out removing the MMM which of course uses the 3-point).

My problem is that the 3-point lift arms will not move under control of the tractor either up or down, however I can easily move them by hand with very little resistance. Also, the mower adjustment height knob will NOT move with either the tractor on or off.

I've tried:

• Re-connecting the power beyond hose 3 times in case if it was seating poorly (A little oil came out each time so it seems to be connecting)
  • Moving the loader valve through its entire range of motion in case of any air in the hydraulic lines
  • Shifted through both gears in forward, reverse, and 4WD in an attempt to get fluid to move all throughout the tractor

Is there anything I'm missing? I've never used a machine like this before so please don't assume any prior knowledge on my part! I really don't want to have to lose the tractor for a week or two for something small to get warranty work done. Below should be a picture of the linkage that connects to the 3-Pt height lever/Position Control and another of the linkage that connects the MMM lift mechanical lift mechanism to the 3-point lift arm. Its hard to notice due to the poor picture, but that silver bolt is sliding through that silver bracket - Is that normal?

View attachment 482594
View attachment 482602
I don't have a backhoe so unsure if there is anything special to switch between the two.
Regarding your rate of drop I do know that you cannot have it in the fully closed position.

Reactions: Robnik and Levi

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is interesting as I, too, have a near identical machine (2017 1025R TLB build date October 2017) with less than 2 hours of use on it, with a similar failure. The 3 point lift arms are pulsing and not holding position with weight on it. Mine is currently at dealer awaiting repair.

Please keep us posted what they find with your machine

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
18,542 Posts
Could you show us a few pictures of the 3 pt arms installed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The silver bracket will slide, that is the way it works. When the rock shaft pivots up it will slide to the end and pull your deck up. If your lift arms are not moving, your deck will not move. Did you plug your power beyond lines back together after removing the back hoe? If you did not, the rockshaft will get no fluid to move.

·
Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 482570

I've tried:

View attachment 482594
View attachment 482602
I installed my 3PH yesterday. I'm technically challenged, but was able to do it watching step-by-step YouTube video. We have the same machine, and I'm not having that problem. The only problem that I had was losing one of the nuts on one of my lower chain arms. I didn't tighten them with a wrench. Be sure to tighten them!

Dumb question: After removing hoe, did you connect the two lines to one another on the 1025R?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did reconnect that hose, which I believe is called the power beyond hose. I tried operating all hydraulics at the highest engine RPM too, in case if their was a bubble in the line following the removal of the FEL and backhoe - but no dice!

My local dealer will be picking up (and hopefully evaluating) the tractor tomorrow. I'll post again with whatever the problem is found to be, along with their solution. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
42 Posts
UPDATE: My machine was returned to me today. The Rockshaft Control Valve was replaced, covered by warranty. When it failed, I was using my rotary tiller which is sized appropriately at 435 lbs.

I have also suffered this identical failure on my previous machine, a 2015 1025R. That failure occurred at 75 hours.

:banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thank you guys for updating us on your findings! It gives everyone a little more knowledge and trouble shooting skills. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
UPDATE: My machine was returned to me today. The Rockshaft Control Valve was replaced, covered by warranty. When it failed, I was using my rotary tiller which is sized appropriately at 435 lbs.

I have also suffered this identical failure on my previous machine, a 2015 1025R. That failure occurred at 75 hours.

:banghead: :banghead:
Glad it was covered under warranty as that valve is over $500 + whatever labor is required to replace it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
OP here with a quick update: My problem on my 2018 1025R TLB was also the rockshaft control valve and will be replaced under warranty. The problem was noticed around hour 7, but it worked for the first hour right after delivery.

Thanks for reading!
I have the same problem.

Bringing my 1025r to the dealer Monday morning.

I sent a link to the service manager. BTW after I called him Friday to explain my problem, he stopped at my home at the end of the day to do a 'quick go over' just in case it was something he could do without bringing it to the shop for repairs.

Will post an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed my 3PH yesterday. I'm technically challenged, but was able to do it watching step-by-step YouTube video. We have the same machine, and I'm not having that problem. The only problem that I had was losing one of the nuts on one of my lower chain arms. I didn't tighten them with a wrench. Be sure to tighten them!

Dumb question: After removing hoe, did you connect the two lines to one another on the 1025R?
Had that problem today; ended up being power beyond was not completely connected; can be hard to push all the y way in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 1025r with 175 hours with 4-5 years in. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the rockshaft control vale and pressure relief valves. Cost me around $2k, along with other repairs.

The dealer told me I am using the tractor for something it isn't intended. I was shocked, since I use it mostly for mowing and 1/4 of the time moving dirt. When using the bucket and moving loads of dirt, I load about 300 lbs. of suitcase weights on the back. I find it hard to believe the tractor can't lift that load without hydraulic issues! If that is the case, why promote the machine to lift up to 600 lbs!

If I wanted a mower, I would have spent 2k not 23k on a machine! I bought this machine to use the loader and actually utilize the hydraulics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.