Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - new 1025R owner from central NJ. So far about 5 hours on the machine and very happy with my purchase. We purchased a house on 8 aces with a 700' gravel driveway back in Feb. and I decided I needed something long-term to help maintain around the house.

I spent the last 3-4 months deciding which sub-compact tractor to buy and what route to go. Looked at the BX25 which seemed to light duty and a 'dime a dozen' if you will. (there's orange everywhere by my house). I almost bought a Massey Ferguson 1720 TLB BUT the lack of dealer network and parts support scared me. The Deere dealer is a 10 min. ride from my house and excellent. I happened to find a killer deal on a new 1025R in South Jersey and the dealer matched it. $18,700 with 0% financing for 72 mo. Can't complain.

Before the driver was even off my property I was already drilling into the bucket to install 2 Ken's hooks. Also piked up the diff lock pedal, a 3 pt. hitch receiver, heavy hitch receiver and heavy hitch garbage can attachment. Looking at box blades now to help with the driveway.

Overall very impressed with the little tractor. My neighbor has a few machines including a mini excavator and legit Deere 4wd backhoe/loader. My decision was based on a machine that would accomplish 85% of what I needed and if anything else I could always ask my neighbor for some help.

Here's a few pictures in the garage and outside the barn where she'll stay once I trench out power from the house. In the meantime I'm thankful I found this forum!

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey guys - new 1025R owner from central NJ. So far about 5 hours on the machine and very happy with my purchase. We purchased a house on 8 aces with a 700' gravel driveway back in Feb. and I decided I needed something long-term to help maintain around the house.

I spent the last 3-4 months deciding which sub-compact tractor to buy and what route to go. Looked at the BX25 which seemed to light duty and a 'dime a dozen' if you will. (there's orange everywhere by my house). I almost bought a Massey Ferguson 1720 TLB BUT the lack of dealer network and parts support scared me. The Deere dealer is a 10 min. ride from my house and excellent. I happened to find a killer deal on a new 1025R in South Jersey and the dealer matched it. $18,700 with 0% financing for 72 mo. Can't complain.

Before the driver was even off my property I was already drilling into the bucket to install 2 Ken's hooks. Also piked up the diff lock pedal, a 3 pt. hitch receiver, heavy hitch receiver and heavy hitch garbage can attachment. Looking at box blades now to help with the driveway.

Overall very impressed with the little tractor. My neighbor has a few machines including a mini excavator and legit Deere 4wd backhoe/loader. My decision was based on a machine that would accomplish 85% of what I needed and if anything else I could always ask my neighbor for some help.

Here's a few pictures in the garage and outside the barn where she'll stay once I trench out power from the house. In the meantime I'm thankful I found this forum!

View attachment 400426

View attachment 400434

View attachment 400442

View attachment 400450
Great looking machine. I bought mine last year and could not be happier. I have 5 acres in the CA Sierras and like you needed something to help out around the property. Not getting any younger and needed to start working smarter not harder as I approach retirement. I used to live in Monmouth County, NJ for 35 years prior to California.

Nice property you have there.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Welcome to GTT and congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome. There are quite a few of us in this area.

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
:wgtt:
From New York

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland and fellow 1025R TLB owner. Great choice and congratulations on your new tractor. Thanks for the photos as well. This is a terrific forum with great folks and much knowledge. Everyone here goes the extra mile to help out fellow members when we ask for help. Good luck and to everybody here have a happy 4th and stay safe! :usa:usa:usa

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
:wgtt:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts