Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Greetings from Southwest Mississippi. I just had a new 2018 1025R loader/backhoe with 1.2 hours delivered late this evening. It was misting rain and cold. Dealership gave me what I thought was a really fair deal of 18500.00 plus tax of 1295.00 or total cash price of 19725.00 delivered. I also got a new single seat pedestal installed(I could not see using it with the two seat arrangement) that retailed through parts for around 1150.00 included in my out the door price and a service manual to boot, so like I said, I thought it was a good deal for me. It was a hold over 2018 but was new and had the 260B backhoe with the latest improvements. It is my first John Deere tractor and will join my 2013 Kubota Grand L3940 with a cab, a 2006 Kubota ZG20 zero turn, a 2009 John Deere Z445 zero turn I bought new, a 2006 Cub Cadet Tank zero turn with the Cat diesel, and an old F935 John Deere front mower with the diesel engine(still runs like new). Yes I am overloaded with grass cutting stuff but I never have to worry about one breaking down and not having something to cut with as long as I keep them where they will crank and run. I have seven acres and cut all of it except for house and buildings. I have a few stumps to dig up and just wanted to have a small backhoe on hand so if I wanted to dig a hole I could. I also bought a 16 inch bucket to go with the 12 inch that was on it and paid an extra 506.00 for it. So after financing a portion of it at 0% and adding the required insurance and 16 inch bucket a little over 20000.00 was what I spent for something I did not really need. I still want to get a quick attach kit for the backhoe buckets and a stump ripper from Bxpanded before I stop spending. It is a really nice machine and I did extensive research on the Kubota and John Deere scut backhoes. I have done a lot of reading on GTT and Orange tractor forums and came to the conclusion the JD offered more for the money. No transmission cooling fan to tear off, good hydraulics at idle, Position control on the lift, latches on the outriggers, cushions on the swing cylinders, level indicator on the front loader, steps on the outrigger cylinders to help get on and off the backhoe, and a little larger wheel base and footprint on the tractor is a few of the reasons I chose the JD over the Kubota. I have not used it to actually dig yet but it sure operates smooth and is shiny green to boot. I will take a few pictures when this south MS. weather allows me to get it out and try it. I appreciate the good information that is available on this forum. As far as justifying a baby backhoe I could not other than I just wanted one. I have been retired since 1999(81 yrs old) and I guess I am still not finished buying tractors and equipment. Will post some pictures of my new toy in the next few days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,
Greetings from Southwest Mississippi. I just had a new 2018 1025R loader/backhoe with 1.2 hours delivered late this evening. It was misting rain and cold. Dealership gave me what I thought was a really fair deal of 18500.00 plus tax of 1295.00 or total cash price of 19725.00 delivered. I also got a new single seat pedestal installed(I could not see using it with the two seat arrangement) that retailed through parts for around 1150.00 included in my out the door price and a service manual to boot, so like I said, I thought it was a good deal for me. It was a hold over 2018 but was new and had the 260B backhoe with the latest improvements. It is my first John Deere tractor and will join my 2013 Kubota Grand L3940 with a cab, a 2006 Kubota ZG20 zero turn, a 2009 John Deere Z445 zero turn I bought new, a 2006 Cub Cadet Tank zero turn with the Cat diesel, and an old F935 John Deere front mower with the diesel engine(still runs like new). Yes I am overloaded with grass cutting stuff but I never have to worry about one breaking down and not having something to cut with as long as I keep them where they will crank and run. I have seven acres and cut all of it except for house and buildings. I have a few stumps to dig up and just wanted to have a small backhoe on hand so if I wanted to dig a hole I could. I also bought a 16 inch bucket to go with the 12 inch that was on it and paid an extra 506.00 for it. So after financing a portion of it at 0% and adding the required insurance and 16 inch bucket a little over 20000.00 was what I spent for something I did not really need. I still want to get a quick attach kit for the backhoe buckets and a stump ripper from Bxpanded before I stop spending. It is a really nice machine and I did extensive research on the Kubota and John Deere scut backhoes. I have done a lot of reading on GTT and Orange tractor forums and came to the conclusion the JD offered more for the money. No transmission cooling fan to tear off, good hydraulics at idle, Position control on the lift, latches on the outriggers, cushions on the swing cylinders, level indicator on the front loader, steps on the outrigger cylinders to help get on and off the backhoe, and a little larger wheel base and footprint on the tractor is a few of the reasons I chose the JD over the Kubota. I have not used it to actually dig yet but it sure operates smooth and is shiny green to boot. I will take a few pictures when this south MS. weather allows me to get it out and try it. I appreciate the good information that is available on this forum. As far as justifying a baby backhoe I could not other than I just wanted one. I have been retired since 1999(81 yrs old) and I guess I am still not finished buying tractors and equipment. Will post some pictures of my new toy in the next few days.

Congrats on the new tractor

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Congrats on your new tractor!!
Maybe you can post some pics of your equipment, sounds like you have quite a collection.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If you haven't already, make sure it has the updated air cleaner, as discussed within threads posted as "stickies".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on your new tractor!!
Maybe you can post some pics of your equipment, sounds like you have quite a collection.
this is my latest collection. Over the last 60 years I have owned several bull dozers and one full size backhoe. The largest dozer was a HD11 Allis Chalmers which is comparable to a D5 Cat. I have down graded in equipment size as you can see. Looks like I missed taking a picture of the Z445 so I will get to it next time. The Cub Cadet is a 60 inch with the Cat diesel engine and has 170 original hours. It is in like new condition. I traded the full size JD 300 backhoe for it about 4 years ago. The Z445 was bought new in 2009 and has 260 hours. The ZG20 Kubota has 225 hours on the machine and 20 hours on a new crate engine. I traded a 74 model Long tractor for it last year. The man I got it from let a limb knock a hose loose on the engine oil cooler and burnt the original engine up before he knew it. The Kubota 3940 was bought new in 2013 with a six foot bush hog, a six foot finish mower, a grapple for the front loader, and a six foot box blade, and a set of forks. It only has 219 hours on it. I wound up trading a 75 HP TN75D New Holland with a cab and a/c and a 30 HP Kubota B3030 with a cab and a/c that I used for cutting grass in on the newer Kubota. The wife and I had sold our 70 acre farm and bought the 7 acres we have now which was the reason for all the larger equipment. The F935 JD front mower has a six foot deck and the Yanmar diesel engine. It has 1900 hours and still runs like new, burns maybe a pint of oil every 50 hours or so. I traded a Kawasaki mule for it a couple of years ago and restored it to very good condition with new paint and decals included. The JD 1025R is my newest piece of equipment and it would up following me home because I missed having something to dig a hole with if I needed to after trading the big backhoe for the Cub Cadet. I have not been able to use it yet because of the weather so I just put it inside the building so it could be warm.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hello all,

·
Registered
500 Posts
you'll love the single seat for it's convenience. I have a 2104 and really enjoy it. Looks like you really got a good price. A nice little grapple is really nice with these.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you'll love the single seat for it's convenience. I have a 2104 and really enjoy it. Looks like you really got a good price. A nice little grapple is really nice with these.....
I do like the single seat. Having had a John Deere 300 full size machine the single seat was a must have due to being able to reach back and work the throttle or wheel while on the backhoe or needing to move the backhoe for some reason while driving the tractor. Also for being able to move the machine a few feet while digging by using the hoe to push or pull you. It was a deal breaker for me to buy one with two seats and that was the reason for them putting the single seat on it to make the sale. A grapple would be really nice but I do have a grapple on my 3940 kubota so I will probable not buy one for the JD. I have been following your several posts concerning the problems you had with the swivel and your modifications to the little rod that connects the linkage. The last post of yours I read never said if you went with the 5/16 or stayed with the 1/4", or if you did I missed it or have not found it. Mine came with the new type that has one of the knuckles bored out and slides some on the rod rather than being screwed on the end, but it still looks like a weak link. Did you ever wind up increasing the ball joints to 5/16" or are you still running the 1/4" SS one. I saw the post where you were concerned that going to a larger size may run into interference problems with the linkage. I am going to order a couple of the ones from McMaster to have if or when mine breaks. I may never break it because i probably wont put 50 hours a year on it. I did dig up one of the stumps today and the little machine really did good. It is not a big one but it does dig pretty good. The stump was a red oak about 15" in diameter and was about 5 feet from a live pine that is around 24" in diameter so I got into some of the pine roots also. It took me a couple of hours in all but like I said, I am satisfied with the power considering the size. It will break 3 and 4 inch roots pretty good if you get the dirt from around them. I did have about a six foot diameter by three foot or so hole when I was finished that I had to fill up. I was using the 12" bucket today. Did not take before and after pictures but should have. I will have to do better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts