Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
I have a 5' CountryLine tiller. The weight of it is 638 lb. So I would think that would be enough ballast with my 1025R / 120R, even with no wheel weights or liquid, yes?

I'm going down to sign the paperwork today and wasn't sure if I should add the BB or not. Since I don't have the 1025R yet, I'm not sure if the 5' tiller will be too large or bulky on the 1025R? I don't plan to use the tiller on the 1025R. I use it on my Ford 1700.

· Registered
249 Posts
The 5 ft tiller would be a heavy enough ballast but the problem is at full lift height the tines are gonna be about 3 inches off the ground. It will drag if you transition over any inclines or hit any bumps.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I'll go ahead and add the BB to the order. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but figured this was a recent thread and the topic of BBs came up.

Reactions: scooterman

· Registered
249 Posts
I ended up getting the ballast box after all since the tiller would be very low to the ground given the limited cat 1 hitch. @ 5' wide, I can also see it being in the way in tight spots. Backhoe would definitely give you enough weight, but box blades are pretty light, maybe 250 - 300 lbs or so I would think.

Reactions: RoyW2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts