Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations! That's going to give you years of service. Very nice setup. Welcome to GTT!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is some pictures from the manual on the new blower. It appears they make a 48” as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture of Frontier quick hitch and new Radtech hitch. Radtech appears to hang 1” lower.

·
Registered
533 Posts
More info to come. Just got it.

I'm thinking you are going to need some ballast on the rear even with the cab.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Now this is interesting... it’s a complete snowblower setup? Everything including the driveshaft that attaches to the pto shaft on the gearbox?

How does it compare in cost to the JD 54 blower setup?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking you are going to need some ballast on the rear even with the cab.
I have a Bowman drop sander always on the back. Tractor had just been delivered. Will attach tomorrow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now this is interesting... it’s a complete snowblower setup? Everything including the driveshaft that attaches to the pto shaft on the gearbox?

How does it compare in cost to the JD 54 blower setup?
$500 more than the Frontier 54”. And it does not qualify for 0% financing.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Nice setup,, was thinking the same as greenharvey, you should add some ballast to the rear of the machine.

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
$500 more than the Frontier 54”. And it does not qualify for 0% financing.
I think you mean $500 more than the "yellow" front-mounted 54" blower. The yellow blower is not a Frontier implement.

Very odd that they would exclude it from the 0% deal as I didn't think anything was excluded. Are there any other implements which are excluded?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I think you mean $500 more than the "yellow" front-mounted 54" blower. The yellow blower is not a Frontier implement.

Very odd that they would exclude it from the 0% deal as I didn't think anything was excluded. Are there any other implements which are excluded?
Is it built sturdier than the yellow 54"?
Does it accept the QH brackets that the yellow one does?

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
Is it built sturdier than the yellow 54"?
Does it accept the QH brackets that the yellow one does?
Sturdier? Perhaps a bit. I see it uses a gearbox instead of the chain/sprocket for the impeller drive. I believe it also uses a hydraulic motor for the chute rotation instead of the goofy wires and pulleys.

As for the QH, no. The new green blower uses a completely different mounting system - COMPLETELY different. Which is why it is only compatible with certain tractors. Somewhere on here there is a thread which includes the manual so you can see the difference.

Here is the link with the manual: https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/150842-new-1025r-s1sb-54-front-mount-snow-blower.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where can one find more info on this blower? I went on the radtech site and all I can find are rear mounted blowers for tractors. Is this a JD dealer bought unit?

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
Where can one find more info on this blower? I went on the radtech site and all I can find are rear mounted blowers for tractors. Is this a JD dealer bought unit?
Yes... it requires a special front mount quick attach. Initially this unit was Canada only. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am trying to track down one of these units myself and find out some more information.

I have emailed john deere... I asked if frontier was going to produce these units, and where i could get one.
And Here is their reply.

---------------------
Thank you for contacting John Deere. I see you are looking at getting a front attachment snow blower for your 1025R. I found the S1SB 54" is a Radtech product. I contacted Frontier and they had no information on making this product, now or in the future. I contacted Radtech, they are a Canadian company. I asked them if they had any dealers that would ship the United States. Green Diamond is a dealership in Prince Edward Island that has some in stock. If you wish to order one please contact Andy at 506-381-5962.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in John Deere.

Thank you,
------------------

I have tried calling andy at that number, but it doesnt seem to be a good number.

I have also emailed green diamond and have not gotten any response.
I have called and left a message for green diamond to call me back... Again no response

I was hoping someone here could give me the phone number of a dealer where they have seen these units...
.. If anyone has that information please share and i will call them...

Otherwise i will just keep trying various green diamond places and hope i get ahold of a human to talk to and figure this out.

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
I am trying to track down one of these units myself and find out some more information.

I have emailed john deere... I asked if frontier was going to produce these units, and where i could get one.
And Here is their reply.

---------------------
Thank you for contacting John Deere. I see you are looking at getting a front attachment snow blower for your 1025R. I found the S1SB 54" is a Radtech product. I contacted Frontier and they had no information on making this product, now or in the future. I contacted Radtech, they are a Canadian company. I asked them if they had any dealers that would ship the United States. Green Diamond is a dealership in Prince Edward Island that has some in stock. If you wish to order one please contact Andy at 506-381-5962.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in John Deere.

Thank you,
------------------

I have tried calling andy at that number, but it doesnt seem to be a good number.

I have also emailed green diamond and have not gotten any response.
I have called and left a message for green diamond to call me back... Again no response

I was hoping someone here could give me the phone number of a dealer where they have seen these units...
.. If anyone has that information please share and i will call them...

Otherwise i will just keep trying various green diamond places and hope i get ahold of a human to talk to and figure this out.
Ok... this makes no sense at all. The folks who have them bought them from their JD dealer. It takes a very special front mount for the 1025R.

I thought it was only available in Canada. Perhaps one of our Canadian forum members can get some info.

Try contacting the guys in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnaWE4HX5w4

Or contact the guy who started this thread, he has one.

·
Registered
968 Posts
In the you tube it looks as the green one throws farther. But is that a throttle difference? The green one sure builds up a lot of snow in front of it and spills over quite a bit. The yellow one was moving a bit faster if that makes any difference.

From experience my 1023E with yellow 54” throws twice the distance plus as the one in the video. More distance than the green one too.

As for construction between the two what is the cost difference in parts and availability? My guess the gear drive is a whole heck of a lot more $$4 cost than replacement aftermarket chain and sprockets. The chute rotation looks like a toss up, both are pretty simplistic.

The biggest question is the ball bearings used............ We know the short comings of the yellow 54” system carrier bearings. In my opinion that carrier bearing issue would make a difference. I solved that with totally contact sealed Timken/Fafnir bearings. Expensive USA made bearings (non spherical) with full contact seals but fixes the problem. I do not know if the green unit has the same issue or not.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
In the you tube it looks as the green one throws farther. But is that a throttle difference? The green one sure builds up a lot of snow in front of it and spills over quite a bit. The yellow one was moving a bit faster if that makes any difference.

From experience my 1023E with yellow 54” throws twice the distance plus as the one in the video. More distance than the green one too.
I wouldn't pay any attention to perceived performance differences shown on that video. That video was absolutely useless at demonstrating any type of difference between the two units.

As for construction between the two what is the cost difference in parts and availability? My guess the gear drive is a whole heck of a lot more $$4 cost than replacement aftermarket chain and sprockets. The chute rotation looks like a toss up, both are pretty simplistic.
You definitely want something that has support from a local dealer otherwise service and parts availability could be a nightmare. From a construction standpoint the rear gearbox may hold up better than the chain and sprockets. It still uses a front gearbox for the auger. The big question here would be are there individual parts for those gearboxes? If so, they would be a huge improvement over the yellow snowblower for which there are no parts for the gearbox. JD only sells it as a complete assembly. The single hydraulic motor turning the chute gear is also a big improvement over the cylinder, pulley and cable abomination used on the yellow blower. The new green unit also has a metal impeller.

The biggest question is the ball bearings used............ We know the short comings of the yellow 54” system carrier bearings. In my opinion that carrier bearing issue would make a difference. I solved that with totally contact sealed Timken/Fafnir bearings. Expensive USA made bearings (non spherical) with full contact seals but fixes the problem. I do not know if the green unit has the same issue or not.
Looking at the manual pages that are posted earlier in this post it looks like the tractor mount and driveshaft design is completely different than that used on the yellow blower. There may very well be completely NEW issues to worry about, but leaking spherical bearings probably isn't one of them. :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts