Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the new backhoe and new loader pics and I noticed something...

fml.jpg

That's not a 1025r. Or at least...not the current one.

·
Registered
382 Posts
One is a 1026R

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I believe the top tractor is a new 2 series machine. The tire is larger as well as the frame. Just a WAG.
I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to line up with those either.

I think it's a photoshop job on JD's part, but the question is why?

See? Doesn't match what's in the above photo:

2038r-v3.jpg

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Well, it was just a WAG.... :unknown::lol:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Either the hood is shorter on the new one or the frame is longer. There is more frame showing than on the below photo. Hood appears to be redesigned and of course it does look like a bigger front tire. I wonder if they increased the ground clearance as result.

Has the 2025R been redesigned yet? Hasn't the bottom of the 2R class traditionally resembled the 1 series (or whatever the current SCUT model was) but was just slightly bigger and had a bigger set of tires but generally had lot of its attachments, like the FEL, carry over to its model line?

That would be my guess (also a SWAG) since the parameters for a SCUT have been pretty well established by the JD, Kubota, and the other players in this market. To me, to change the formula is risking a lot but it might give JD an edge in the market for a couple of years until the other caught up (if they chose to follow).

The 1 series is due for an update about now anyways. It has been around now for 4 or 5 model years hasn't it?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Either the hood is shorter on the new one or the frame is longer. There is more frame showing than on the below photo. Hood appears to be redesigned and of course it does look like a bigger front tire. I wonder if they increased the ground clearance as result.

Has the 2025R been redesigned yet? Hasn't the bottom of the 2R class traditionally resembled the 1 series (or whatever the current SCUT model was) but was just slightly bigger and had a bigger set of tires but generally had lot of its attachments, like the FEL, carry over to its model line?

That would be my guess (also a SWAG) since the parameters for a SCUT have been pretty well established by the JD, Kubota, and the other players in this market. To me, to change the formula is risking a lot but it might give JD an edge in the market for a couple of years until the other caught up (if they chose to follow).

The 1 series is due for an update about now anyways. It has been around now for 4 or 5 model years hasn't it?
That's actually a great guess. The new 2025r would probably be able to use the same loader, so it would make sense that they would have that in a photo. And in that case, an extended wheelbase with larger wheels/tires using the same hood plastic of the 1 series makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts