Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok boys, I finally got around to posting about my new machine. after lots of research, especially reading tons of posts on this forum, I took the plunge in February for a new 1025R. It was delivered on 3/22 and replaced a JD X300 that had served me well for 5 years. this is my first real tractor never having anything diesel or with hydraulics so I'm still working the learning curve. I acquired another 6 acres behind my house so that was part of my "reasoning" to upgrade. a friend who has an orange tractor said I wouldn't regret upgrading because with the FEL it's like having another person help you. another big reason was the snow. even though I have a plow guy, he only plows when there is 3" or more. many times we had less than that but repeated snows in rapid fire left me with a good packed layer.

I was hoping that I would get to use it soon after it arrived but a week later we got nailed by the last of the many thousands of winter storms in Upstate NY. the upside is I got my first seat time moving 12" of wet snow. not much has happened until I mowed the first time last week because my yard resembled a sponge. the downtime was useful though as I installed a set of Kenny's Bolt-on hooks, replaced the seat springs with the custom version from psrumors and modified the RIO. I also added some PVC tubes to my ballast box for yard implements and chains.

anyhow since I know the rule is pictures pictures pictures, here you go. the last two are my first chance to do some man duties. FEL worked out well.

IMG_20140323_143440.jpg IMG_20140413_143603.jpg IMG_20140331_190414.jpg IMG_20140413_143501.jpg IMG_20140413_143935.jpg 2014033095093241.jpg 20140330_095222.jpg

anyhow thanks to everyone who contributes to the forum. I was able to come up to speed on a few things very quickly and just reasing about other people's scenarios helped me realize I wasn't going over the top on the upgrade. as I gain experience I hope to be able to contribute myself down the road.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

Congrats on your new tractor, and pics too!:good2:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

New Tractor!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
What a great first post schlag.
Welcome to GTT.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
New Yorkers are the best! :lol::lol:
Couldn't help myself.

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia , nice looking setup

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

From CT

Great pics of :greentractorride:

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Congrats on the new tractor!!!

:yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance::yahoo:

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Welcome!!! I like what you did with the ballast box, good idea.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congrats on the new 1025R. Love that new tractor smell. And good call on getting the iMatch and ballast box. :thumbup1gif:

Great first post and welcome from WI...:drinks:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Good luck with your new 1025R, :greentractorride:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts