Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Looks good,wait till you get that big storm and watch that blower eat up that snow.:good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
I like it! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Very nice! You did an awesome job editing and timing with the sound track. It was enjoyable to watch.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
You’re going to have a lot of fun with a real snowfall not going to lie, a little suspenseful in the beginning when you were backing into the garage

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Your video rocks!! Oh, and yes, so does the 1025R!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
:bigthumb: Nice, sure your waiting for a big snow.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It looks like fun was had by all. Now you can zip up your neighbors drives and walks also :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
146 Posts
You’re going to have a lot of fun with a real snowfall not going to lie, a little suspenseful in the beginning when you were backing into the garage

not going to lie, a little suspenseful in the beginning when you were backing into the garage

I agree with that, That once again was a GREAT PRACTICE RUN, Will be handy for getting er done for sure!!

waltmart

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Outstanding video, very nice. Now. Let it snow, let it snow . . . :snow: :snow:

Enjoy and be careful . . . :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You have a talent for video production! Almost like Survivorman (Les Stroud) with a snow blower! Like others I was wondering just how close you were going to get to the house. :laugh:

And every time I see one of these kinds of videos, when it's approaching the camera I am always hoping for the snow to splatter all over the camera and block the view! There's something wrong with me!:lol::lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Great video. I loved the dramatic effect at the beginning with the chute turning side to side, the augers spinning, the blower being lifted up and down. Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You are really good with the editing. With the sound choice and video intro I was expecting to see a 1 series head out into 2' of snow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Haha, awesome I love it! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice video. thanks for sharing.. I've yet to see if one can justify spending $3k for a snowblower to blow 2 inches of snow?

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
nice video. thanks for sharing.. I've yet to see if one can justify spending $3k for a snowblower to blow 2 inches of snow?
$3000? Not even close. JD uses the ala carte system. The 54" blower alone is ~$2550. Then you have to add the front PTO kit, Quick Hitch, implement drive / up stop, front support and remote spout control. Which will bring you up around $4800.

That is why a lot of folks go with a rear 3PH snow blower. It ends up being about 1/2 the price for the same size blower. Although your neck may not be too happy with you. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe you need to find a different dealer..............My 54" blower with all components to run it was $3595 + tax when I bought it with the tractor in April. :dunno:

Forgot about the electric spout flapper control......somewhere around $100 for the kit.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
$3000? Not even close. JD uses the ala carte system. The 54" blower alone is ~$2550. Then you have to add the front PTO kit, Quick Hitch, implement drive / up stop, front support and remote spout control. Which will bring you up around $4800.

That is why a lot of folks go with a rear 3PH snow blower. It ends up being about 1/2 the price for the same size blower. Although your neck may not be too happy with you. :)
I just priced the 59" front snow blower from Mutton for my 2038R. Granted I already have the front 3 point hitch, but if I did not, it would cost me $6,294 plus $250 shipping to get what is needed from Mutton. Costs break down as follows: Blower - $4,299, Front 3 Point Hitch - $1,404, Snow Blower mount & Drive Shaft - $325, Front PTO - $266, Shipping $250.

That's a lot of bananas....

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Maybe you need to find a different dealer..............My 54" blower with all components to run it was $3595 + tax when I bought it with the tractor in April. :dunno:
The prices I was quoting above were MSRP as listed on the JD web site "build your own" tool. Obviously you can do a bit better.

Forgot about the electric spout flapper control......somewhere around $100 for the kit.
Same with the new JD electric spout control. It lists for nearly $500 on the Build You Own tool (actuator + wiring harness). I would imagine the 54" blower with the new electric spout control would be close to if not a wee bit over $4K.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts