Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Wow, those sure look great! I really like those tires.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I bet you're the first to do it on a 1026. Now, are those the exact same size as the factory turfs (R3s)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, 26/12-12 in rear. 18/8.5-10 in front. Same as R3 turf or R4 tires. I was wanting a little more tread than a turf, but not as much lug as the R4. I had these on my X748 and really was pleased with the overall performance.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Was it expensive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hoping to sell my turfs for around $300.00. I have 425.00 in the HDAP's. This is a small price to pay for more traction.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Nice tractor - HDAP tires seem like a much better option than turf.

I also like the Chevelle SS in the garage, plus the GMC. Nice old vehicles.

Don

·
Registered
363 Posts
hdap ply and r3 and r4 ply

How many ply are the hdap tires? Am I correct that the r3's or r4's that come with the 1026r are 4ply?

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
It looks great! I may be mistaken, but aren't the HDAPs only 2 Ply? Any concern about this when doing loader work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a friend's Chevelle. He purchased it new in Nov. 1965. The GMC is for sale. I like the HDAP's more than the turf.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front HDAP's are 4 ply. The rear are 2 ply. I had these on my 748, they performed well for me then. I am using the same rear implements, with not a lot of weight difference, My guess from using this some last night, is it should be fine. If not I will let you know.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Thanks. I have had good luck with the HDAPs too, that's why I thought they would be nice on a 1026R, especially like them in the snow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hdap

It looks great! I may be mistaken, but aren't the HDAPs only 2 Ply? Any concern about this when doing loader work?
Hi all. I have been running those very tires on my 2210 for 7 years doing loader work, mowing, snow removal, you name it. There is NO problem with them for loader work, and they are FANTASTIC in the snow! Only one problem with them; hard, heavy duty pulling. I have - don't know what the lumber guys call it, skidding??- pulled a couple of large trees across my yard, at the very limit of the tractors' power. Last week dragged a 25 year old tree. the scary thing is the rear HDAP tires- they flex like crazy under those conditions! Ever seen a formula 1 dragster twist its rear tires? The fronts are 4 ply, the rears are 2 ply.
I would guess that these will give a bit softer ride on a rough lawn than any other tire, too?
In considering an eventual replacement or upgrade to my 2210 the tires are a factor. At this point because of the HDAP's I would probably stay with a 1023/1026 rather than something like a 2320.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Thanks megotadeere, good info.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Hi all. I have been running those very tires on my 2210 for 7 years doing loader work, mowing, snow removal, you name it. There is NO problem with them for loader work, and they are FANTASTIC in the snow! Only one problem with them; hard, heavy duty pulling. I have - don't know what the lumber guys call it, skidding??- pulled a couple of large trees across my yard, at the very limit of the tractors' power. Last week dragged a 25 year old tree. the scary thing is the rear HDAP tires- they flex like crazy under those conditions! Ever seen a formula 1 dragster twist its rear tires? The fronts are 4 ply, the rears are 2 ply.
I would guess that these will give a bit softer ride on a rough lawn than any other tire, too?
In considering an eventual replacement or upgrade to my 2210 the tires are a factor. At this point because of the HDAP's I would probably stay with a 1023/1026 rather than something like a 2320.
I've seen HDAP tires on Kubota's 2320. I believe these are the same size as JDs' 2320 which are a little smaller than the 2520

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have been well pleased with the hdap tires on the x749, very good traction and a soft ride. That said I would be cautious to use these where R4 tires are needed as you can damage these tires more easily. For lawn work and a variety of tasks these are a definite upgrade over turf tires imo. Hard to make one tire design fit all uses but where high floatation low pressure tires are needed these hdap tires are a good choice.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i really like the looks of the 1026R with the HDAP's, and with turf tires. i really looks like a SCUT.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HDAP plus chains...

Update; tire chains on HDAP tires; After ridiculous snows the past three years I decided some more power was in order, starting with weights and chains. This was deemed necesary to push feet of snow with my FEL on icy drive. After installing tire chains on the rear HDAP it is apparent that because the chains like to lay in between the lugs and the round profile of the tire that there was excessive slack in the tire chains requiring removal of one cross link. Looking forward to even better traction if it ever snows....

(eventually going to add a snowblower)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts