Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new 1026r today with the 60" mower and FEL and take delivery 10/22. I thought i did my homework in comparing all the different competition before picking JD as the best choice. My concern is regarding the mower deck issues that i have been reading on this site, which is a great source of information, that i can expect to have height control and scalping issues. I expressed these concerns to the dealer and he assured me that the mower will be set up properly before i take delivery. If that is true am i to expect that i will not have to deal with any recalibration down the road or will this be an ongoing issue? I went with the mechanical control is there any benefit in going to the hydraulic power lift?
I am looking forward to recieving my new tractor but am nervous about this issue.
Thank you for any reassurace that I made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
10,202 Posts
:wgtt:

The 1026R is a great tractor. Most of the mower issues you read about stem from an improper setup or adjustment from the dealership, which is easily corrected if necessary. When you consider just how many of these units have been sold, the problem reports you see online are a small percentage of the total number. You should be in great shape, especially with your dealer standing behind you. :thumbup1gif:

I can't offer an opinion on the hydraulic lift vs mechanical, but someone will be along soon that can.

If you do have any issues, the fine folks here will do all they can to help. I think some of these guys sleep with the 1026R service manuals. :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Purchased my 1026R with 60D MMM in May, and have had none of the issues reported here. In fact, cutting quality is far better than I had anticipated.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I mentioned the same issues to my dealer here in NEPA and he also assured me the 60D mower will be attached and setup properly. He said they had a few in the beginning that were not and they learned from their mistakes and have corrected them.

·
Administrator
22,373 Posts

The mower issues all stem from improper setup from the dealer. Most owners do not have any issues, but this is a common one to have. The key is to have the dealer demonstrate how everything works prior to delivery. This way you get the opportunity to see it, practice it, and if needed, adjusted before it leaves the lot. Believe me, the quality of cut is outstanding. You'll be quite happy with your new tractor.

If you have any questions, we'll be glad to help you in any way we can. :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your responses,you have eased my thoughts of buyers remorse. I am looking forward to delivery of my tractor and hope for years of trouble free use.

·
Registered
489 Posts
RTB,

I bought my 1026R last April. I have had few issues with it although it has 94 hours on it right now. As mentioned, proper MMM setup and adjustment is important for even mowing and easy Auto-Connect use. Once properly adjusted, there should be little need for subsequent re-adjustment. Like anything mechanical, the more you use the machine, the more you'll learn about it. My machine also uses the mechanical lift for the 60D deck. I've had no problems with this lift system and it is possible to set the 60D to maximum height should you want to use your 3PH to control rear implements. But honestly, it's so easy to install/remove the 60D that I only have mine on the tractor for actual lawn mowing. Otherwise, it's setting in the garage - detached from the tractor.

JD's Auto Connect mower is reason enough to buy the 1026/1023 over any other (non-Auto Connect) brand. It's probably my favorite feature. Enjoy your new toy ... errr ... tractor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had mine since May and have 70 hrs on it. I got it with the independent lift because I have a reese hitch on the 3 pt to move trailers and I didn't want to have to mess with the mower height every time I wanted to move a trailer. I'm also toying with the idea of a plug aerator on the 3pt so I can mow and aerate at the same time. If I ever do that I would need to lift the 3 pt to turn but wouldn't want to lift the mower
The deck at first would cut great but was a pain to attach and remove. The dealer came out and made a few quick adjustments and all is good now. The cut quality is fantastic!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I've had my 1026r for a year now and am very happy with it. It mows with the best of them. :good2:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

The mower issues all stem from improper setup from the dealer. Most owners do not have any issues, but this is a common one to have. The key is to have the dealer demonstrate how everything works prior to delivery. This way you get the opportunity to see it, practice it, and if needed, adjusted before it leaves the lot. Believe me, the quality of cut is outstanding. You'll be quite happy with your new tractor.

If you have any questions, we'll be glad to help you in any way we can. :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk.
From what my dealer has told me, I'd say you're half right. Apparently, most of the connect issues are related to there being too little tolerance where the deck connects. The effects of coating the decks at the factory makes the tolerance of the opening reduce to a point where it's out of spec. The coating must be ground off and the opening enlarged just slightly before applying a new coating to protect the metal. Good dealer setup will do this, but the cause appears to be design / manufacturing related (as I'm sure MOST issues like this are but are also fixed by good dealers).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.