Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here an owner of a new 2018 or 2019 series 5R tractor, perhaps specifically a 5100R?

Looking for information on any issues you've encountered, or anything that you think is worthy to mention -- good or bad.

:usa

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bumping this, as I am ready to sign papers on a new 5115R tomorrow. Hopefully everyone who has these things likes them. Im trading in a 2015 5085E which is nice but I now know what options I wanted/needed on this tractor

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Bumping this, as I am ready to sign papers on a new 5115R tomorrow. Hopefully everyone who has these things likes them. Im trading in a 2015 5085E which is nice but I now know what options I wanted/needed on this tractor
I'm no help, onefarmer. However, I would be interested in the options you want/need on the 5R that you couldn't get on the 5E.

Tim

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got one on order that should be here this month with the below specifications! Will update you then.

• 540R Loader w/ Electrical SCV 3rd Function
  • 32F/16R Command8 Transmission
  • Premium Panorama Roof Cab w/ Console
  • Premium Air Suspension Seat
  • Instructional Seat
  • PFC Hydraulic System @ 30.9 GPM
  • 3 Deluxe Stackable Rear SCVs
  • EH SCV Electronic Joystick for 3rd
  • Three Speed PTO
  • EH Fender Controls
  • PTO Fender Controls
  • 460/85R34 Radial Rear
  • 380/85R24 Radial Front
  • iTEC Basic
  • Mechanical Cab Suspension
  • Full LED Package
  • AutoTrac
  • 4240 Gen 4 Display
  • Starfire 6000 SF1

I found a good resource for information on a 5125R on Facebook and YouTube.

These two videos (below) in particular, and some of the other videos under Matt Barber's YouTube profile were pretty great at answering some of my questions.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I think the people in this thread above this post will be the first on GTT to actually buy one of the 5R tractors. I'll be interested to see how you like them and how they hold up. I never plan on buying on myself- to fancy for me, but it'll be cool to see others with them!:greentractorride:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm no help, onefarmer. However, I would be interested in the options you want/need on the 5R that you couldn't get on the 5E.

Tim
Well I bought my 5085E 3 years ago off lot at dealer. I do like the tractor, it was better than anything I thought I would ever buy. My JD sales rep stopped by the other week just to bs. started talking about tractors and next thing he is telling me about a new left over 5115R that is loaded up pretty nicely. Only thing I was disappointed with is that it has the cable control instead of electric control for loader. It has the manual 16 spd tranny which I was fine with. I bought it last night but waiting on front 3pt hitch to be installed, front and rear fenders, and loader with 3rd function hyd on it. I really like how much tighter the turning radius is on it. instructional seat will be nice for wife and grandson. The swivel seat will be awesome for me when Im spraying or planting. the power shift will be a nice upgrade. The view with the dash and roof window seems good. the 3 rear hyd valves will be nice, I only have two now. My 5E did everything I needed it to do, But the 5R I hope will just do it with a little bit more creature comfort. LOL. The deal I got on it seemed really good, so I didn't mind making the jump. hopefully snow plowing is over for this season so I will have to wait till spring to give you guys my opinion on how it works then, if it ever dries up around here...

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have a few R's on the lot, mostly E's and M's so I cannot say too much about their reliability. I will say, we had a 5R come in with low hours, almost new that needed a whole new transmission because it would go a few feet and slip into neutral. After trying all JD suggestions, they sent a new $45k transmission.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
We have a few R's on the lot, mostly E's and M's so I cannot say too much about their reliability. I will say, we had a 5R come in with low hours, almost new that needed a whole new transmission because it would go a few feet and slip into neutral. After trying all JD suggestions, they sent a new $45k transmission.
Yup.. some 5's are also up for a PIP for a parking brake washer not meeting spec. The fix is a complete trans swap. Just did one. It was a new on the lot unit.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Yup.. some 5's are also up for a PIP for a parking brake washer not meeting spec. The fix is a complete trans swap. Just did one. It was a new on the lot unit.
What exactly is a PIP ?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the people in this thread above this post will be the first on GTT to actually buy one of the 5R tractors. I'll be interested to see how you like them and how they hold up. I never plan on buying on myself- to fancy for me, but it'll be cool to see others with them!:greentractorride:
Sorry, I guess I never did answer your question. all things I thought I needed were mainly just better creature comforts other than my E was too fast in reverse running the snow blower if I had alot of snow to deal with. After doing some seat time without a swivel seat I realized how much i missed that and a power shift is just a nice option that I didnt need just wanted. I all so wanted a reverser on the loader control since we do a lot of snow plowing with a 10' push box. This year we did more snow plowing than the last 3 combined. On the asphalt it did great but on the gravel lots where we had ruts that have been frozen and it was little rough I thought that seemed hard on the loader arms. Thats why im putting front 3Pt hitch on it. This year I will all so be starting to use a crop crimp roller so that was another reason for for front 3pt hitch just mainly so it is closer to the tractor for tighter turning, which the R seems to turn much tighter than the E or M. Again all these things I could easily do with the E, a new R with 5 year warranty was enough for me to trade in my E. And I have a 3 year old grandson so the buddy seat was probably enough reason to buy just for that. LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well I bought my 5085E 3 years ago off lot at dealer. I do like the tractor, it was better than anything I thought I would ever buy. My JD sales rep stopped by the other week just to bs. started talking about tractors and next thing he is telling me about a new left over 5115R that is loaded up pretty nicely. Only thing I was disappointed with is that it has the cable control instead of electric control for loader. It has the manual 16 spd tranny which I was fine with. I bought it last night but waiting on front 3pt hitch to be installed, front and rear fenders, and loader with 3rd function hyd on it. I really like how much tighter the turning radius is on it. instructional seat will be nice for wife and grandson. The swivel seat will be awesome for me when Im spraying or planting. the power shift will be a nice upgrade. The view with the dash and roof window seems good. the 3 rear hyd valves will be nice, I only have two now. My 5E did everything I needed it to do, But the 5R I hope will just do it with a little bit more creature comfort. LOL. The deal I got on it seemed really good, so I didn't mind making the jump. hopefully snow plowing is over for this season so I will have to wait till spring to give you guys my opinion on how it works then, if it ever dries up around here...
I think you will really enjoy the swivel seat.....this feature is well worthwhile. I also have the deluxe roof view cab but haven't noticed any benfit from it yet. Three rear valves are very good.....a must if you use a bat wing. One valve for each wing, and the third for raising/lowering the rear wheels.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got one on order that should be here this month with the below specifications! Will update you then.

• 540R Loader w/ Electrical SCV 3rd Function
  • 32F/16R Command8 Transmission
  • Premium Panorama Roof Cab w/ Console
  • Premium Air Suspension Seat
  • Instructional Seat
  • PFC Hydraulic System @ 30.9 GPM
  • 3 Deluxe Stackable Rear SCVs
  • EH SCV Electronic Joystick for 3rd
  • Three Speed PTO
  • EH Fender Controls
  • PTO Fender Controls
  • 460/85R34 Radial Rear
  • 380/85R24 Radial Front
  • iTEC Basic
  • Mechanical Cab Suspension
  • Full LED Package
  • AutoTrac
  • 4240 Gen 4 Display
  • Starfire 6000 SF1

I found a good resource for information on a 5125R on Facebook and YouTube.

These two videos (below) in particular, and some of the other videos under Matt Barber's YouTube profile were pretty great at answering some of my questions.

I actually talked to Matt Barber the other day. We have a mutual friend. Matt is only about an hour away from me. Small world.. Should be getting my 5115R next week.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually talked to Matt Barber the other day. We have a mutual friend. Matt is only about an hour away from me. Small world.. Should be getting my 5115R next week.
Small world, indeed! That's awesome -- I messaged back and forth with him a bit about his tractor and experience on Facebook a couple of months ago, he seems like a great guy.

Good luck next week; let us know how it goes.

The dealer still hasn't got any sort of confirmation on shipping from the factory on mine... :dunno:

Reactions: Spectre
1 - 14 of 14 Posts