Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been busy out in the shop today, Working on installing upgrades To the 2025R.
Several heavy hitch items, and kens bolt on hook items. As alway thanks to Tim for his TTWT discounts.
Added the mirrors, LED headlights , turned the led ROPs LED lights to face rearward .
Added Ken‘s storage boxes, and diff lock peddle.
Added heavy hitch
Added heavy hitch raar receiver hitch .

Took the mulch kit off and started working on putting together the new TKV 20 system , getting ready for fall cleanup duty. Another TTWT discount item.
We did run into a snag on the TKV 20 , the kit they sent for the 54D is came with brackets that are not compatible with my 54D , which is the new version also found on the large frame 2Rs . I suspect that’s where the problem is .

·
Registered
139 Posts
She is a beauty. But I have a question. My 2018 2025R has the annoying hydraulic high pitched "whine" that appears to be coming from the hydraulic line that goes to the hydraulic control valve. I've complained about for 2 years and the response from John Deere is that it is normal. Just curious, have you noticed this on your new 2020? Its much more pronounced at lower rpm.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks .
I have the same engine in my x750, and x758. They all 3 have a similar hydraulic wine To them.

The 2025R has the optional Auto throttle, which happens to be broken at the moment. Not sure what happened to that ?
was working when it was delivered , used it that night for a few quick task. It hasn’t worked since. Dealer is coming back to pick it up tomorrow to fix it.

That auto throttle feature might help with your noise issue, since it will automatically throttle up the tractor when punching the pedals . That should help keep throttle up where it needs to be , which should reduce some of the wine I think your referring to.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nice setup. Did you get the diff lock pedal from kens bolt on hooks? And how wide are your spacers. Looks like your tires are set nice and wide. Didn’t know how that would work with a 54 deck.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice setup. Did you get the diff lock pedal from kens bolt on hooks? And how wide are your spacers. Looks like your tires are set nice and wide. Didn’t know how that would work with a 54 deck.
Thanks
Yep the diff pedal and 3pt boxes came from Ken’s.
No spacers , at lest not yet .
Your probably correct with spacer compatibility and the 54D.
I was thinking I might get 2” spacers to give it a little more stability. My X7s will likely still take care of mowing grass. The deck was mostly bought for fall winter cleanup using the TKV20. So I am thinking I could take the spacers on and off seasonally .

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
She is a beauty. But I have a question. My 2018 2025R has the annoying hydraulic high pitched "whine" that appears to be coming from the hydraulic line that goes to the hydraulic control valve. I've complained about for 2 years and the response from John Deere is that it is normal. Just curious, have you noticed this on your new 2020? Its much more pronounced at lower rpm.
Yes my 2020 2025r has that whine and also my 755 that I had before the 2025r.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much weight you have off of 3 point
Probably a little more then I should have . At somewhere close to a 1000lbs.
I know now , without a bucket or something on the loader to weight the front down, it doesn’t want to turn Worth a darn. With the forks on there it turns just ok.with something on the forks it’s all good.
I should probably take some weight off their or get a hitch put together just for the 2025R.
It picks it up to full height, just takes it a few seconds to get it up there.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Probably a little more then I should have . At somewhere close to a 1000lbs.
I know now , without a bucket or something on the loader to weight the front down, it doesn’t want to turn Worth a darn. With the forks on there it turns just ok.with something on the forks it’s all good.
I should probably take some weight off their or get a hitch put together just for the 2025R.
It picks it up to full height, just takes it a few seconds to get it up there.
I would just swap out the 70lber's for the 42.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would just swap out the 70lber's for the 42.

Allen.
Well I thought about doing that, I actually already have the extra 40 lb weights needed to do it.

However that hitch serves more then one tractor which the others are 4 series machines, which at times as it sets now it can be a little light on a my 4 series machines.

That's sort of why I bought a second one that I have setup with double row 70s on that one. Which it is on one of the 4 series right now.

I also have those front weights for countering the front of the 2025R when the TKV20 is mounted on the back.
I may just get another one, since I have another set of 70lb weight I could single row the 70s on one for the 2025R.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on the Auto throttle issue.
Deere tech was by this morning planned to haul it in. Ended up being able to fix the Auto throttle on site in about 5 min.
Seems they don't have a real good way to hold those cables in the bracket very well.
We added a couple zip ties to eat up the open space that allows the cable to pop out of the bracket.
Seems like a good simple resolution. They were going to send a case into Deere anyway to ask about why they didn't come with anything to retain those cables better in that bracket.

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts