Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2025R on order, expected delivery is July!

I downloaded the Operators Manual to get a jump on getting-to-know my machine.

In the Operating the Tractor Safely section, I came across this bullet point

• This tractor is not intended to be used as a recreational vehicle.

My question to the group is should I cancel my order? I thought this tractor would be fun to use?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I’ve got a 2025r and geared it up to run 30mph first thing, guess I’ll have to switch it back after reading this.;) It kind of like the section in the chainsaw manual that says shut the saw off before sharpening the chain.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Congrats on the order!
Don‘t worry we won’t rat you out for having too much fun playing on it. 😁

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's one safety warning you can ignore. Don't worry we won't say anything🤫

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
That's one safety warning you can ignore. Don't worry we won't say anything🤫
Oh, I don't know, there could be a pending division of the "fun police" just waiting to be launched, much the same way we have a small, but vocal self appointed and empowered "Safety police" department....... ;)

Congrats on your order. I am curious why the July delivery date?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a single location dealer, much easier to work with. Nothing on the lot, he has a stock order in for a 2025R for a July delivery. He did say that sometimes when a stock order is tagged as a sold order it might move ahead in the assembly line. But no confirmation on an early ETA as of today.

Even though he's an hour away from me compared to the multi-location dealer near me, his pricing was better, much more personal and accomodating to my wants.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just ordered a 2025 also. 7 days after your order they will give you dealer the delivery date. Mine is May 14. This was for a tractor they had on order since last May. Once it is a customer order it gets pushed to the front

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Congratulations on the 2025 orders you will love the choice.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I just ordered a 2025 also. 7 days after your order they will give you dealer the delivery date. Mine is May 14. This was for a tractor they had on order since last May. Once it is a customer order it gets pushed to the front
I was helping a buddy work a deal on a new 2025R this week.

My dealer was sold out in all their stores in this region but they had a couple in stock at one of their northern IA stores.
They had several on order some had been on order over a full year. He said about the same thing it was set for stock delivery in June, but if he marketed as a retail sold unit, it would get priority preference and might show up a little sooner.

My buddy didn't want to wait and wanted it right away for some spring projects.

So they are sourcing one of the 2025R stock units that was is up in IA, and ordering the turf radial tire and wheel kits through parts.

It is costing him with shipping of the tractor from IA to KS and tire wheel kits about $1800 more total to get it in the next couple weeks , but he will end up with an extra set of R4 tires so. I did about the same when I bought my 2025R last fall in that I had to buy the turf radial wheel and tire kits from parts.

Dealers really need to wake up about these turf radial hybrid tires and start ordering them in with the Turf radials. I guess they are just so use to everyone wanting the R4s, they have not quite picked up on the benefits and popularity of the hybrid radials yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was hoping for that. Unfortunately, I ordered mine on March 19th and no update on delivery. I did ask after 1 week, he said he has a call into his TM(?) at Deere. I'm going to check with him again for an update.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealers really need to wake up about these turf radial hybrid tires and start ordering them in with the Turf radials. I guess they are just so use to everyone wanting the R4s, they have not quite picked up on the benefits and popularity of the hybrid radials yet.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was hoping for that. Unfortunately, I ordered mine on March 19th and no update on delivery. I did ask after 1 week, he said he has a call into his TM(?) at Deere. I'm going to check with him again for an update.

Mine was ordered about a week or so earlier and 7 days later the dealer sent me an email with delivery date. I got the TLB but wanted radials. They had 3 in stock with the R4s. No way I wanted those again. Had them on my 1025 and was the worse tire I ever had

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice!
You'll enjoy it as much as we do! Hopefully it will arrive early

Reactions: PlumberHome

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a 2025R on order,

In the Operating the Tractor Safely section, I came across this bullet point

• This tractor is not intended to be used as a recreational vehicle.
Well, so much for flipping the kids in the air with the front loader.

I imagine if you keep looking, there may be a warning about not drinking diesel fuel, or not swinging from the roll bar while bush hogging, or the dangers of doing donuts on icy roads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did ask after 1 week, he said he has a call into his TM(?) at Deere.

Likely Territory Manager, and as an ag service tech at one of the only single, independent dealers left in my state. I thank you for buyin from a single store location.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Likely Territory Manager, and as an ag service tech at one of the only single, independent dealers left in my state. I thank you for buyin from a single store location.
GDOW

Thanks for the clarification on Territory Manager.

The single-store dealer was very accomodating and personable...an enjoyable purchase.

Thanks for promoting the benefits of working with a small dealership on GTT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Delivery Update!

My dealer notified me he got an email stating he will receive the 2025R by the end of April!

It's looking like spring yard work is going to happen this year!

This update also means the "Baby's Nursery" needs to be ready earlier than I thought!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts