Green Tractor Talk banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Ok, just sat on the 2025R just now. First one I’ve seen. I actually think it’s an awesome tractor. I think it looks much bigger than the 1 series. If I was looking for a 25 horse tractor, that would be the one. Most of the 1 series guys seems to run out of tractor before motor, I think it would put more of that motor to the ground. Only thing that I didn’t like is the tie rod in front of the front axle. Looks like a good place to get bendt.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Uhm, that's listed for a three series...? Do they make it for a two series? This guy that plows commercially with an open-air ROPS 2520 would like to know... :cheers:
I can't imagine the Canadian winter being cold enough to need a cab :) I'd give OC a call and see how soon the 2025R cab will roll off their line.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's my guess too but why go backwards:nunu: It's basically a 1025R with bigger tires for more ground clearance as far as I can see.:dunno:
I agree 100%. It's all about marketing. I just hope the newbies do their research before they buy. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,071 Posts
I agree 100%. It's all about marketing. I just hope the newbies do their research before they buy. :greentractorride:
I just sat on a new one at my dealers, I will say right off the bat that rear wheel would be a must, I'm not sure I would feel as comfortable cutting our horse pastures on the side hills with the 2025R. Same width as the 1 series but sitting up higher, unsure how that would feel.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just sat on a new one at my dealers, I will say right off the bat that rear wheel would be a must, I'm not sure I would feel as comfortable cutting our horse pastures on the side hills with the 2025R. Same width as the 1 series but sitting up higher, unsure how that would feel.
Do you mean rear wheel weight would be a must?

Added ground clearance on the 2025R vs 1025R will certainly raise the C.o.G., which isn't great for side of hill work. But, sometimes "feeling like its gonna tip" could actually be a good ways away from actually tipping. Every situation would be different. ROPS and seat belts......

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,071 Posts
Do you mean rear wheel weight would be a must?

Added ground clearance on the 2025R vs 1025R will certainly raise the C.o.G., which isn't great for side of hill work. But, sometimes "feeling like its gonna tip" could actually be a good ways away from actually tipping. Every situation would be different. ROPS and seat belts......
I know what you mean, it just looks skinny if you know what I mean. Probably be just fine with wheel weights and loaded tires, just looks narrow.

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
I know what you mean, it just looks skinny if you know what I mean. Probably be just fine with wheel weights and loaded tires, just looks narrow.
IMHO the SCUT/CUT tractors up through the 3-series all look too skinny and top heavy. They all need the wheels widened a bit to give them some hill side stability.

Did you ever sit in a Cab 3-series? They feel like they would roll over on the slightest hill.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,071 Posts
IMHO the SCUT/CUT tractors up through the 3-series all look too skinny and top heavy. They all need the wheels widened a bit to give them some hill side stability.

Did you ever sit in a Cab 3-series? They feel like they would roll over on the slightest hill.
I have not sat in a 3 series with a cab, at least you know what I meant, it just looks and feels too narrow. Wheel spacers and weight would be the ticket, of course the tires are quite a bit bigger so loading them would add a fair amount of weight right at ground level.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're saying - they do look a bit narrow. Probably fine...but yeah, I'd be adding weights if I had any hills to navigate.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.