Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2032R on order which will be arriving in June.

My tractor has the dual SCV outlet option. I am planning to add hydralic top and side links to the 3pt hitch. I also will be using an i-match.

I was easily able to locate a hydralic top link and hoses from agristore usa. However figuring which side hydralic I need has been harder.

since my tractor is not here yet I can't physically take any measurements.

Can anyone tell me the following about the 2032R/2038R rear 3pt side link?

1. What kinds of ends your mechanical side link has?

2. Pin hole sizes on your mechanical side link?

3. Length of your mechanical side link closed all the way from pin center to pin center?

4. Length of your mechanical side link extended as far as it will go from pin center to pin center?

If anyone can provide this information it would be greatly appreciated as It will allow me to pre-order the parts so I can install then as soon as my tractor arrives.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jimmy Walker, thank you for the reply

I did see fitrite hydralics offers a kit, which I would love to order. However the wait time is currently greater than 26 weeks according to their website. Which is a lot longer than I want to wait, so i'm happy to just make my own kit if someone can tell me the details of the 3pt side link?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The side link length collapsed is 16 inches, extended is 20. I'm not sure of the pin size, but unless you are going to be welding your own flanges on the ram, my understanding is there are only 2 that will fit correctly, John Deeres and Fit Rites.

@MtnViewRanch is the owner of Fit Rite, maybe he can confirm that.

Edit: Here's a photo, I thought the lower end had a bend in it, apparently not

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The side link length collapsed is 16 inches, extended is 20. I'm not sure of the pin size, but unless you are going to be welding your own flanges on the ram, my understanding is there are only 2 that will fit correctly, John Deeres and Fit Rites.

View attachment 785347
That is really great info! thank you.

i'm wondering if this would work?
Hydraulic Side Link: 15 15/16" - 19 15/16"

I like the fit rite kit, but waiting 26 weeks/6 months is a long time. so I'm trying to make my own kit. I have a welder, full sized knee mill and lathe so i'm pretty well setup if I need to modify anything (within reason).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That is really great info! thank you.

i'm wondering if this would work?
Hydraulic Side Link: 15 15/16" - 19 15/16"

I like the fit rite kit, but waiting 26 weeks/6 months is a long time. so I'm trying to make my own kit. I have a welder, full sized knee mill and lathe so i'm pretty well setup if I need to modify anything (within reason).
It wouldn't be plug and play, the top connection is a ball joint on the tractor

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, 26 weeks in a very long time to wait. I'd be happy to buy the kit if the wait rime wasn't sooo long.

So I scouted out my local princess auto today, they have a ton of hydralic stuff and make hoses right onsite while you watch. They have quite a few sizes of hydralics with screw-on ends allowing you to put on any style end you wish.

If anyone could use a micrometer and quickly determine the pin size of on the 3pt hitch I pretty sure I could have all the parts in hand for when my tractor arrives. I just need to know the pin size so I know what screw-on ends to buy.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I don't have a micrometer or I'd help you out with the pin size.

One thing you guys should take it account is that Fit Rite is a one man show, start to finish. He processes orders, answers questions, and builds every product. His wait time is so long because it's such a quality product, and therefore has high demand.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I am not in anyway criticizing fit rite, I'm sure he does awesome work and proabbly is a hard working person. No criticism there.

I just want to try and get my setup working sooner as I have a entire driveway to build this summer and I really need/want the 'tilt and top' function on my tractor to do that job and 26 weeks from now that large job will be long finished. So that is why I'm trying to find another way....worst case I can wait until the tractor delivered and then take the side link down to princess auto and find hydralic components that will work in its place. I just had hoped to have everything ahead of time so I could put my tractor to work right away vs having to look for parts after its delivered.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
695 Posts
I have a new 2032R on order which will be arriving in June.

My tractor has the dual SCV outlet option. I am planning to add hydralic top and side links to the 3pt hitch. I also will be using an i-match.

I was easily able to locate a hydralic top link and hoses from agristore usa. However figuring which side hydralic I need has been harder.

since my tractor is not here yet I can't physically take any measurements.

Can anyone tell me the following about the 2032R/2038R rear 3pt side link?

1. What kinds of ends your mechanical side link has?

2. Pin hole sizes on your mechanical side link?

3. Length of your mechanical side link closed all the way from pin center to pin center?

4. Length of your mechanical side link extended as far as it will go from pin center to pin center?

If anyone can provide this information it would be greatly appreciated as It will allow me to pre-order the parts so I can install then as soon as my tractor arrives.
If you are going to build one yourself, purchase a 2" dia cross tube cylinder with a 1 1/4" dia rod. Use the ends from your left stationary side link for top & bottom pcs or just purchase the stationary side link from parts if you can't wait.

I say cross tube because the rod extends out further than the clevis type cylinders. You should have the rod sticking out 1" from the cylinder end and fully retracted when you cut the rod.

To the best of my knowledge, JD does not build T&T sets for anything smaller than the 30xx R series tractors.

For those of you that think that the unit should be built to have the implement level when fully retracted, if that was the case, why doesn't JD build the manual adjust links in that fashion?

For those of you that think that 26 weeks is a long time to wait, it is and my lead times just keep getting longer due to the amount of people that want things to fit right straight out of the box.

Good luck to to the OP. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts

View attachment 785347
It does have a bend in it!
Sincerely

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I found a decent side hydralic to start, i'm sure it'll take a bit of adjusting but it seems like it is fairly close to what I need based on the pictures and should be the correct length and stroke. The ends look similar to what I need to.

WTPHSL2201 2

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I think I found a decent side hydralic to start, i'm sure it'll take a bit of adjusting but it seems like it is fairly close to what I need based on the pictures and should be the correct length and stroke. The ends look similar to what I need to.

WTPHSL2201 2
The shape looks OK, but realize that is a much smaller diameter rod and cylinder than mtnviewranch recommended

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its a 2 inch cylinder, that's what was recommended in the post above wasn't it?

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey friends, So I found on a FB tractor group that the sidelink above (SLH2201) apprently does fit quite well. aa a person on there showed oictures of one on his 2032R, so I orderee the parts and we'll see how it goes. I'll uodate once I get my tractor in mid-July.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you read through this post I think I posted the exact specs on my hydraulics.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you read through this post I think I posted the exact specs on my hydraulics.
That's really great info, hopefully the parts recommended on FB work as I already ordered them. I guess we will find out! I have a knee mill, lathe and welder so I can proabbly make it fit if it doesn't.

Thanks for all the reply's everyone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts