Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been lurking for a while while as I bought a new tractor. Great info on this forum. Two questions as I've been using my new 2032R. Any insights would be appreciated.

Context. I will mainly be doing front loader and rear blade/rake work. Tending to driveway and clearing new areas. Property is 10 acres on a decent (10-15 degrees) uphill incline. Mix of cleared and uncleared wooded areas and 500 foot long ledgepack driveway. No real grass or turf.
  1. Suggestions on front and rear tire pressures for R3 Radials? My rears are filled (RimGuard) with 2.5" wheel spacers. Manual says 23 lbs front and rear for the R3. They came from the dealer at 25/front and 23/rear. It seems people tend to run the rears much lower then what the manual recommends. Any issue doing this with a radial tire? Especially if they are filled.
  2. What RPMs should I be running at for non-PTO tasks like loader and rear 3-point work? I've been running it around 16-20 for lighter tasks and then 20-25 only when doing heavy loader work. Thoughts?
THANKS in advance.

Steve

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
I don’t have the radials but I think for most tasks they would be fine at the 15lbs I run. For loader work I would keep the pressure up. Others with loaders can comment on that.

It sounds like you have a good handle on the rpms to me. I would probably set it to 1500 or 1600 for the light work and use the auto throttle.

Reactions: PJR832 and jasper04

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Herminator is spot on. I would only ad that you not use lower RPMs for long periods, as that would cause high soot conditions, leading to frequent REGENS.

Auto throttle is your best friend! While I don't even have 200 hrs on mine 191 in fact, I do work it, and use Auto Throttle. I haven't had one regen yet. Actually a little worried. No codes or lights, I do check every once in a while what the soot level is at, can't really remember it ever being over 75%. I just raise throttle, and work it more, and it just comes down.

Allen.

·
Registered
2032r
212 Posts
Front pressure needs to be higher for loader work, I think my fronts are at max sidewall listed pressure.

RPM wise I set it around 1700 so it doesn't drop below there and let the auto throttle do the rest.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.