Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2038R; 1966 1020
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about something I am curious about but have not seen any comments on it here. I own a 1020 John Deere and am receiving a 2038R next week. The new technology is incredible. But still, a Deere is a Deere! But one change is interesting to me and I thought someone here might have some insight or at least a thought about it.

I notice that my new tractor's steering wheel does not have the iconic Deere emblem in the center of the steering wheel. When I drive my 1020, I always like to see that Deere on the steering wheel! But on my 2038R, I'll just have to settle for the boring script on the wheel. Any ideas why Deere no longer puts the round emblem in the center of the steering wheel? Could it be due to fact that the steering nowadays is such that "straight" wheels never place the steering wheel itself in the same location? That would mean the round Deere emblem would usually be upside down, even when driving straight. Or it could just be cost savings. Either way, to me it's a shame. First world problem I know, but I would be interested in the thoughts/comments of others.

I promise to come up with some more substantive comments or questions once I have broken in the 2038R! :)

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Congrats on your new tractor and welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,308 Posts
Congrats on the 2038R

Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from southern ky!

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
I don’t think it’s a cost savings thing because they still have the John Deere script on it. I think it’s more of a stylistic choice and guess I like both ways. Enjoy the new 2038R.

2038R
Wheel Green Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Congrats on the new 2038R tractor, I recently purchased a new 2032R.

I agree with you the old style logo looked pretty nice. But overall I think the new 2032/8R tractors are very nice looking.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is the power steering on the old rig a standard gear box and linkage with power assist, or full hydraulic power steering? That would make a difference in the logo always staying in the same orientation as opposed to the fully hydraulic system.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I also have a 67 1020RU that was my grandfathers. My wife is really pushing to get rid of it, so far I have put her off. I used it to mow for over 25 years now I am older it too hard to climb up on. The change and improvement between the two is mind blowing. enjoy your new one.

·
Registered
212 Posts

!" and above stickers. Not ideal, emblem would be better but it's not a big contact area so properly cleaned and applied it would stay a long time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.