Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using my existing I match on my new 2032R. Went to use my new 2060 box blade and cannot get it to drop all the way down so I can latch it on. Please see pics. I called the dealer and he wants me to bring down my I match and box blade and leave them for a couple of days, I am not going to give up my I match, the I match works with all my other attachments, seems like process of elimination on figuring out the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
Is it because the pin in the top hook is hanging up? I know with my iMatch (with the adjustable top hook) I had to loosen the hook, hold it out away from the tractor, and retighten. The hook will only move ~3/8" but that little bit made my Heavy Hitch hook right up when it wouldn't before doing that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If your top link hook is the adjustable type like mine is ( bolt on, non-welded) check to make sure that there isn't interference between the flanges of the i match top link hook and the yoke of your implement. Sometimes if I'm not lined up just right the yoke on my mower or ballast box will jam on the flanges that the i match top link hook bolts to and will cause a similar malfunction.

Coaltrain beat me to it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The bottom pins are almost never the problem. Problems always seem to stem from the top pin. With my 2084, I had to drop my top hook top a spot to have things mate up. Do you have a picture of how the top is mating up?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem solved

Thought I would follow up with the findings at the dealer. After watching several techs come up with band aids to the problem, I asked if the support brackets are on the correct way, the main tech laughed, then the store manger looked at the install booklet and said that is the problem.

They got out the impact and had it fixed in 20 mins. I was a bit frustrated dealing with the main tech, he wanted me to lower the hook to solve the problem, i told him that I had 4 implements at home that fit fine. he seemed to have tunnel vision on the problem. it's fixed and used it tonight.

What was scary is he kept telling me that he had the same problem with the same exact tractor and box blade the week before, he lowered the hook to solve that guys problem?

first pic: wrong

second pic: right

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
It's really easy for a tech to get tunnel vision on a problem. I've been there myself a few times, and now whenever I decide something "must be" this or that but this or that isn't fixing it, I step back and kind of retrace my steps to make sure I'm considering all the options.

Just to be clear on the fox for your blade, they had the mounts on the outside of the braces but they go on the inside?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really easy for a tech to get tunnel vision on a problem. I've been there myself a few times, and now whenever I decide something "must be" this or that but this or that isn't fixing it, I step back and kind of retrace my steps to make sure I'm considering all the options.

Just to be clear on the fox for your blade, they had the mounts on the outside of the braces but they go on the inside?
Yes, they go on the inside.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Thanks nicksteck.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts