Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...it is finally my turn to introduce our new 2520.:good2:

Like other's, we took advantage of the $2,500 promotion offered earlier this year on the 2520. Previously we had a 2007 2320 and like Allgreen mentioned in his 2520 thread, the money was right on the upgrade and it will be nice to put our own scratches, dents and dings in it (albeit, not too many I hope).

For the attachments, we went with the FEL (200CX) w/ 53" bucket and PHD (200) w/ 9" inch auger. I also had to order a new PTO shaft for our front mount snowblower as the 2520 is a bit longer than the 2320. After that, I was also able to convince the dealer to include an i-Match in the deal. As you can see from the first pic, we already put the PHD to work making a stand to hold the PHD as removing (and attaching) can be such a pain in the caboose when doing it alone.

On our 2320, I had made some modifications and I plan on bringing some over to the 2520. To date is a list of mods/additions/projects I have completed in this first week.

a) Addition of Ken's bolt on hooks. In fact, the tractor was delivered around 4:30 Friday afternoon and after the dealer left around 5:30...I was able to have them mounted by 6:00 in order to take my bride out for a celebratory fish fry. This is my 3rd set from Ken and I could not be happier with the hooks but also the speed Ken gets the orders out.
b) Wood fixture for holding/hanging the PHD. I apologize for no pics (will post some week). It is nothing special...just 2 4x4x8 posts mounted vertically in holes dug with our PHD and then another 4x4 mounted horizontally on top of the other posts supporting the PHD.
c) Switching the rear wheels out. Added another inch of clearance on each side.
d) Adding the i-Match and placing my HeavyHitch on the i-Match.

And my list of projects for when things slow down and get cooler:
a) Add brush guards and aux lighting
b) Add hooks to the i-Match
c) Add a toolbox
d) Build a fixture/stand with casters to hold the PHD permanently
e) Wire the 2520 with rocker switch to operate the linear actuator I have on my snowblower deflector
f) ???

Recognizing that I only have 1 week under my belt for operation of the 2520, I certainly do like it. I think I may do a later thread in some of the differences I have noticed b/n the 2320 and 2520, some subtle and some not so subtle.

Thanks for letting me a part of this forum and sharing today.

Attachments

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Great write-up, LIW, and congratulations!

I'll be curious to hear about your comparison btn the 2320 & 2520 once you've had some seat time. When considering both machines, the difference in hydraulic speed really gravitated me toward the 2520. I became sensitive to it with the 2305, nearly falling asleep waiting for the bucket to dump sometimes. I also notice that the hydraulics have a lot more finesse on the 2520 than on the 2305. I can feather movements a lot better on the 2520, very noticeable when using the forks.

It looks like you made good choices for attachments. I've covetted PHD's many times but since I would need to get down 48" deep in rocky soil, I've shyed away from it for the tractor so far. On the old 2305, it wasn't even possible, unless I were to put a lift kit in it.:laugh:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations! :yahoo: I still need to wait until mid-August for my new 2520. :munch:

·
Registered
95 Posts
congrats on a great machine. i am so jealous of all you guys that got the dealer to throw in the i-match with the deal. i couldnt get my dealer to throw in anything and in fact i was quite surprised when i got a "free" hat when it was delivered.

i wish i knew about this forum when i made my deal.

looking forward to seeing pics of your mods. welcome to dt.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif::good2:

Nice up grade. I too will be greatly interested in your comparison. Don't make us wait to long now. :mocking:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice machine.
PHD looks like you could get some work done in a hurry!
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Very nice LIW. That PHD looks pretty awesome.
Check your FEL lines,they look kind of taut.

i am so jealous of all you guys that got the dealer to throw in the i-match with the deal. i couldnt get my dealer to throw in anything and in fact i was quite surprised when i got a "free" hat when it was delivered
How about a block heater,cutting edge for my bucket,knocked a hundred bucks off the SE seat,AND the I-Match.:good2:
............but no hat.
Greg

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GLC...I need to take you along then next time I purchase a JD.:nunu: Btw, I enjoyed the link on your seat. :thumbup1gif:TY

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Congrats on your new machine. I enjoyed the pictures as well as your write-up.
Good luck,

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Charley,

Got her "dirty" for the first time yesterday as I had the boys cleaning the horse's paddock area. I am glad I was around to watch them, as the bucket level indicator was not set correctly and the first pass the boy made, took a few extra inches of soil with it. Not a big deal really and a learning experience for us both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts