Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me exactly why the new 260B backhoe will not fit the older 1025R tractors? ( maybe I missed this in a previous post ), other than John Deere saying it won't. Why exactly? Did they alter the frame on the newer 1025R? The new 1025R looks pretty much like the previous version. What kind of modifications would make the new 260B fit the old 1025R?

·
Registered
255 Posts
No idea, they are not out yet. I will let you know when we get some in and I have to set one up. I have not noticed any difference between a 2016 and a 2017 frame. The latest batch of 1025R's we got in I noticed a slight change in the guages, brighter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have a 2016 1025R and am wondering the same thing. Now that the 260B has been out for a while maybe someone knows the differences?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this is an old thread, but I have a 2016 1025R and am wondering the same thing. Now that the 260B has been out for a while maybe someone knows the differences?

Not 100% sure about your 2016 1025R, but what I can tell you with 100% certainty is that the new 260B backhoe fits perfectly on my 2017 1025R. The 260B backhoe was made specifically for 2018 and newer 1025R's. According to my dealer, the only change they could see was a slightly different power beyond hose/hookup. I already had PB installed on my tractor a year earlier when I bought it new.

Now... are the 2016 1025r's any different than the 2017 1025R's, when it comes to installing the 260B backhoe ?? I don't know the answer to that.

Are you going to install yourself, or get dealer to do it? I would think that your dealer would be able to communicate with mother Deere and ascertain for sure one way or another.
I guess if the dealers doing the install, then it's on their heads if it doesn't work. But you would have to make sure you establish that from the get go. "I ain't paying if you can't install this thing!" lol

Best of luck in your endeavours. And yes, I think it would be wayyyy better if you could get the 260B on your rig.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Well if the Brackets that Mount On the Updated 1025R will work On the Old 1025R the rest is academic

The Brackets changed between the Backhoes. The 260 Backhoe has Hook brackets on the Backhoe side. The 260B the Hook Brackets are Upside down Now and Mounted On the Tractor side( much easier to mount the Backhoe)

If the Brackets for the tractor side will mount on your 2016 1025R then The 260B should mount right on and You Might have to have a dealer Mount a different exit hose set up for the Power Beyond Hose set Up On your 2016 Model. I bet it will work You Just have to find a dealer willing to try :bigthumb:

Reactions: 2018JD

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I’m have two options there. I’ve bought a lot of new green paint from my local Deere dealer, but I happened to buy the 1025R from a local “unofficial” used Deere dealer. Seems like he gets a lot of his inventory from auctions.

Anyway, the used guy does repairs/installs as well. I’d probably have better luck with him in terms of price & “willingness to try”. I just wanted to find out if anyone knew of any showstoppers before I asked him to try. So we can probably check out the bracket fitment pretty easily. Will probably want to give this a shot in the next two months or so (assuming he can come up with a 260B). So if we give it a go I’ll report back with the findings.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well if the Brackets that Mount On the Updated 1025R will work On the Old 1025R the rest is academic

The Brackets changed between the Backhoes. The 260 Backhoe has Hook brackets on the Backhoe side. The 260B the Hook Brackets are Upside down Now and Mounted On the Tractor side( much easier to mount the Backhoe)

If the Brackets for the tractor side will mount on your 2016 1025R then The 260B should mount right on and You Might have to have a dealer Mount a different exit hose set up for the Power Beyond Hose set Up On your 2016 Model. I bet it will work You Just have to find a dealer willing to try :bigthumb:
I do know one difference between the 260 and 260B that may affect installing on older 1025's. The 260B has a dedicated seat. The 260 used the older 1025 R's seat which rotated. The newer 1025R's have a fixed forward facing seat. I also know the ROPS on the newer 1025R is canted forward to allow clearance for the dedicated backhoe seat. So if there is enough real estate for the two seats and the newer mount will bolt to an older tractor I guess it should work. Just be careful you don't bang your head :banghead: on the ROPS getting on and off the backhoe.:good2:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Theres a thread around here somewhere detailing what had to be done to make the swap.
If I recall, it wasnt as easy as some make it sound, but I might not recall correctly.
Couldnt find the thread with a quick search.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts