Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
270 backhoe for 2720

ready to hit "order" on a 2720....BUT brochure says new 270 backhoe "available summer 2011".

Anyone know exactly how soon i can get one of these attachments? Seems like a PITA to have to wait to order the tractor for this new backhoe to be available, but from what i understand, it would be worth the wait over the 46 backhoe which apparently is difficult to take off/store compared to the new one.

Any insider intel out there?

Thanks boys!

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ready to hit "order" on a 2720....BUT brochure says new 270 backhoe "available summer 2011".

Anyone know exactly how soon i can get one of these attachments? Seems like a PITA to have to wait to order the tractor for this new backhoe to be available, but from what i understand, it would be worth the wait over the 46 backhoe which apparently is difficult to take off/store compared to the new one.

Thanks boys!
Welcome to DT...I wish I had more intel to share...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
WELCOME TO DT:good2:
it would be worth the wait over the 46 backhoe which apparently is difficult to take off/store compared to the new one.
Isn't that enough to make you want to wait?

Maybe you could talk your dealer into taking delivery of your tractor now,but wanting to wait on the hoe for the new 270 when available. Sometimes they'll do anything to get a sale and make a buyer happy.:good2:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts

Thanks boys!
:lol::lol:Apparently, the 270 BH is some sort of secret Deere project. I looked all over the dealer portal and found nothing. I'll put out a post on the dealer forum.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
crap...this always happens to me. I buy something and almost immediately, they come out with a new and improved version. (just bought my 2520 w/backhoe in december ):cray:

·
Registered
43 Posts
:lol::lol:Apparently, the 270 BH is some sort of secret Deere project. I looked all over the dealer portal and found nothing. I'll put out a post on the dealer forum.
I spoke with my dealer about it -- he said he saw it when he was at training a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Rumor on the dealer forum is that the release date has been pushed back due to a fit issue with mounting frames. No release or availability date posted.:unknown:

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update Kevin...maybe by next year they will have it ready:laugh:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I had a 2720 with the 46 backhoe until recently. It wasn't a dream to mount, but I didn't see it as a pain to install. First time in the spring, yes, but that was more a memory challenge than anything else :lol:.

It was a 10 minute job provided you were using quick snap pins vs cotter pins with the I Match .

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,691 Posts
When I bought our 2320 in 2008 there was talk about the new 265 BH (I guess now the 270) for the 2320 and 2520 tractors as the 2305 was getting the new 260 hoe. I was going to wait on the 265 (270) hoe, glade I didn't. Just sayin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts