Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 3025E. I have an old Japanese (Iseki) 25hp tractor that I plan to sell. I will keep the box blade to use on my new 3025E. I live in central Oklahoma on 5 acres. The property is mostly flat and landscaped. The 3025E is way more tractor than I need, if I even need a tractor at all.

I use my Iseki tractor’s FEL to move supplies and tools to flowerbeds and other areas on the property. I never really used the box blade for anything. Oh, maybe as ballast. A year ago, I got a new JD Gator. My Iseki hasn’t been used since, well, about a year ago. I use my Gator to haul stuff around my property now. Man, is it convenient. I love my Gator.

I’m 73 years old (young?). I kinda always wanted a John Deere tractor. Not enough to get rid of my old reliable Iseki and buy a new John Deere. And my wife has always wanted me to have a John Deere tractor. She has seriously been trying to talk me into this for the last couple of years.

So why am I buying a new JD tractor? And why now? Both good questions. Here’s the honest to gosh true answer. For about 20 years, I collected books. Lots of books. Stephen King books. At age 72, it was time for me to figure out what to do with all those books before I was no longer around and someone else had to do something with them. So about a year ago I started selling them. My plan was to replace my Iseki with some kind of used JD tractor (if possible) with the money I got from selling the books. I’m not quite finished selling my collection, but I’m shocked at the value of some of the books. I’m buying this tractor using only money I got from selling my books. I’m basically swapping my book collection for a new John Deere tractor. How cool is that!

Why a 3025E? Another good question. I looked at the 1025R, the 2025R, the 3025E, and the 2032R. I decided that the 1025R looked just like my large JD riding mower, only with attachments. To me (and my wife), it didn’t really satisfy the desire (not need) for a John Deere tractor. So I eliminated that one. Then I decided I didn’t want to get into the emissions issue, so I eliminated the 2032R. I read everything I could get my hands on to try to decide between the 2025R and the 3025E. Then I read a comment by a wise person on this forum. He said he never heard anyone say they wished they bought a smaller tractor. So I decided on the 3025E.

That’s my story. Thanks for listening (reading).

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Welcome from southern ky!

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Great introduction.

There is someone wise on here???o_O:)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Welcome to the green team.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Welcome to forum.

Congrats on the new Deere !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome.....

For the money, a 3025E can't be beat. Run it and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Welcome from north Alabama. Enjoyed your story, best of luck with your new tractor.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome from Richmond Kentucky! I love my 3025E.

·
Registered
2021 2038r MSL
42 Posts
I got it 2 weeks ago except the MSL loader that should be here May 21st. Already did quite a bit of box blading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
792 Posts
Owner of my old MacKissic. It's bigger than you're getting. Looks like it says 3038E. Move those ROPS lights to inside the ROPS if around trees at all.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Nice, great looking machine.
Looks like we have the same Dealer, mine is the PK store in Blackwell OK.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts