Green Tractor Talk banner

New 3025E in Oklahoma

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  PatrickGator 
#1 ·
I ordered a 3025E. I have an old Japanese (Iseki) 25hp tractor that I plan to sell. I will keep the box blade to use on my new 3025E. I live in central Oklahoma on 5 acres. The property is mostly flat and landscaped. The 3025E is way more tractor than I need, if I even need a tractor at all.

I use my Iseki tractor’s FEL to move supplies and tools to flowerbeds and other areas on the property. I never really used the box blade for anything. Oh, maybe as ballast. A year ago, I got a new JD Gator. My Iseki hasn’t been used since, well, about a year ago. I use my Gator to haul stuff around my property now. Man, is it convenient. I love my Gator.

I’m 73 years old (young?). I kinda always wanted a John Deere tractor. Not enough to get rid of my old reliable Iseki and buy a new John Deere. And my wife has always wanted me to have a John Deere tractor. She has seriously been trying to talk me into this for the last couple of years.

So why am I buying a new JD tractor? And why now? Both good questions. Here’s the honest to gosh true answer. For about 20 years, I collected books. Lots of books. Stephen King books. At age 72, it was time for me to figure out what to do with all those books before I was no longer around and someone else had to do something with them. So about a year ago I started selling them. My plan was to replace my Iseki with some kind of used JD tractor (if possible) with the money I got from selling the books. I’m not quite finished selling my collection, but I’m shocked at the value of some of the books. I’m buying this tractor using only money I got from selling my books. I’m basically swapping my book collection for a new John Deere tractor. How cool is that!

Why a 3025E? Another good question. I looked at the 1025R, the 2025R, the 3025E, and the 2032R. I decided that the 1025R looked just like my large JD riding mower, only with attachments. To me (and my wife), it didn’t really satisfy the desire (not need) for a John Deere tractor. So I eliminated that one. Then I decided I didn’t want to get into the emissions issue, so I eliminated the 2032R. I read everything I could get my hands on to try to decide between the 2025R and the 3025E. Then I read a comment by a wise person on this forum. He said he never heard anyone say they wished they bought a smaller tractor. So I decided on the 3025E.

That’s my story. Thanks for listening (reading).

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Reactions: Herminator
#3 ·
Welcome from southern ky!

Reactions: Herminator
#7 ·
Welcome to the green team.

#8 ·
Welcome to forum.

Congrats on the new Deere !!!

#9 ·
Welcome.....

For the money, a 3025E can't be beat. Run it and enjoy it.

#19 ·
Nice, great looking machine.
Looks like we have the same Dealer, mine is the PK store in Blackwell OK.

#21 ·
Nice 👍 Especially like the first one with the beautiful background. You have a beautiful place.

Reactions: Yellow seat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.