Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it, crossed off one of my first bucketlist items and "bought" a "real tractor"! 3032e with FEL and 370B backhoe, SB1154, RT1157, box blade and landscape rake! my father had one that we used to clear trails and do yard maintenance on a 12 acre parcel and it was a dream for snow removal, logging, whatever we needed to throw at it. I just passed 10 hours last time I was home and am loving everything about the new and updated design! The only thing I don't like is the lack of a separate difflock pedal, shich with the ballast of a backhoe I don't need as much but still used it quite frequently over the couple days I needed it.

Still at the dealer, they had it on display!

Click for full res

Our daughter was really excited for the backhoe!!!! lol

Click for full res

"
This should be very helpful this winter!!!!
"

Click for full res

backhoe subframe, have dragged it on a couple rocks already

Click for full res

playing

Click for full res

Click for full res

Pulled out the rock bucket I made last year

Click for full res

A little bit nicer for the dog but all the time I had that day

Click for full res

Click for full res

Worked much better than the 1023e

Click for full res

Click for full res

Still finding old junk buried in the yard...

Click for full res

Finished the ditch for the church I started last year

Click for full res

Made a backhoe friend, lol

Click for full res

First time really playing with it, the rock was super tough left the rest for the ""big guns""

Click for full res

Ditch worked perfect but still needs to extend a bit further, the property line ends here though so we're going to have to ask for permission

Click for full res

Yeah he destroyed that boulder field!

Click for full res

Click for full res

past 10 hours unloading the tiller from the rental truck! I went to the dealer hoping they had the box blade or landscape rake and they only had the tiller

Click for full res

the backhoe makes for some nice ballast!

Click for full res

wanted to peek under the rear shield to see the tines...whoops... not this end up!!!

Click for full res

Note to self: this is what holds the tiller on the pallet once the sides are removed...

Click for full res

#firstworldproblems where to put it all!?!?!?

Click for full res

·
Premium Member
9,119 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor,

and the longest "I got a new tractor" post.

:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Congratulations on the new tractor,

and the longest "I got a new tractor" post.

:thumbup1gif:
Haha, thanks! I meant to post it a while ago but been crazy busy!

Slick set up. I didn't even know JD offered the backhoe for the 3032e. For years it was never an option.
New for 2018+ models! The removal videos look really easy too! I wan't even planning on getting the backhoe because on my fathers it wasn't an option, but they mentioned there was a backhoe and with 0% for 84mo financing...what's another $100 a month right?! lol Might try out the new tiller when I get home, I don't forsee needing the backhoe much more...IDK where I'm going to put it though:unknown:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Regarding your diff lock unhappiness, pull up the parking brake a few (3-4) clicks, it'll engage the diff lock... unless they changed that mechanical design during the refresh...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding your diff lock unhappiness, pull up the parking brake a few (3-4) clicks, it'll engage the diff lock... unless they changed that mechanical design during the refresh...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I thought about it, will have to try it when I get home...it should in theory as it's supposed to lock the tires in park for better holding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe you have noted a SB1154 Snow blower. I purchased mine with SB1164 to cover full width of tractor, I don't no but I believe you want blower as wide or wider than tractor. Unless that's a misprint? If my 3025E handles it your 3032E certainly will, hardly any cost difference as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe you have noted a SB1154 Snow blower. I purchased mine with SB1164 to cover full width of tractor, I don't no but I believe you want blower as wide or wider than tractor. Unless that's a misprint? If my 3025E handles it your 3032E certainly will, hardly any cost difference as well.
I have a narrow space to get between the house and the garden and I don't think anything much wider than the tractor will fit well. Looks like it'll be 1-2 inches narrow which shouldn't matter too much. Probably would be wide enough with Ag tires.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny, now that you mention it we're planning on getting rid of the garden to put in multiple raised beds instead....oh well... planning on using the bucket mostly and using the blower when the edges get deep or need trimming.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
I have a narrow space to get between the house and the garden and I don't think anything much wider than the tractor will fit well. Looks like it'll be 1-2 inches narrow which shouldn't matter too much. Probably would be wide enough with Ag tires.
When you run the tires on snow it will pack and make it difficult to pick up in the next pass. Before you know it you have hard pack ice.

Also have to think about when turning.

I would never want a snow removal implement to clear less than the tire track.

What does it matter if you blow a little snow off the garden when it’s frozen?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you run the tires on snow it will pack and make it difficult to pick up in the next pass. Before you know it you have hard pack ice.

Also have to think about when turning.

I would never want a snow removal implement to clear less than the tire track.

What does it matter if you blow a little snow off the garden when it’s frozen?
It's surrounded by basketball sized decorative rocks...kinda want to stay away from those. That specific area is in the grass too, the other areas I'll be using the loader mostly and can scrape up any packed snow as needed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey rcguymike.... Nice tractor set up! Enjoyed the pics and your commentary under them. Good to have a "back hoe buddy" when (if?) you get stuck in the mud. My wife says the Tractor pulls are always a lot of fun. Jeff O

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey rcguymike.... Nice tractor set up! Enjoyed the pics and your commentary under them. Good to have a "back hoe buddy" when (if?) you get stuck in the mud. My wife says the Tractor pulls are always a lot of fun. Jeff O
Haha! I hope I never need a backhoe to get out...that would probably mean I'm somewhere I shouldn't be...

Always good to have a spare Jeep?
Click for full res

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
:bigthumb::congrats:eek:n ur tractor and toys-err implements:mocking: lots of pics which is good too.

:hide: hey i didn't mind the long post with all the pics in it-i liked it a lot-thanks:munch:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Haha, thanks! I meant to post it a while ago but been crazy busy!

New for 2018+ models! The removal videos look really easy too! I wan't even planning on getting the backhoe because on my fathers it wasn't an option, but they mentioned there was a backhoe and with 0% for 84mo financing...what's another $100 a month right?! lol Might try out the new tiller when I get home, I don't forsee needing the backhoe much more...IDK where I'm going to put it though:unknown:
Congrats on all of the gear you got yourself :thumbup1gif:

You may want to build yourself a dolly for the backhoe . . . well worth the effort . . . lots of posts on how to build it

I did and the install job went from 90 minutes to less than 10 minutes

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Congrats on all of the gear you got yourself :thumbup1gif:

You may want to build yourself a dolly for the backhoe . . . well worth the effort . . . lots of posts on how to build it

I did and the install job went from 90 minutes to less than 10 minutes
I definitely plan on building a dolly or something...still considering putting it outside:(...

From the looks of this video and what I've been finding this appears to be the easiest backhoe in all of history to put on and off :thumbup1gif:
Attaching and Detaching a Backhoe on a 3E series - YouTube

I want to try the tiller out before we get too much more snow though so might just plop it in the garage quick :unknown: :snow:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dug a quick trench to test out the backhoe and relieve the rain water problem. Hopefully that helps it dry out.

Click for full res

Wow...that was soo easy. It felt like I was doing something wrong it was soo easy. The instructions right on the backhoe were really straightforward too. I bet my wife could figure it out if I told her what the rockshaft was(I had to google it...yikes lol).

Click for full res

Jacked up the bucket and placed a 2x12 underneath. That allowed me to slide it around easy enough.

Click for full res

Pushed it all the way against the wal and that allows the tractor to fit

Click for full res

Click for full res

That works for now...

Click for full res

Interesting that they welded this on after...must be easier to bend that way

Click for full res

Hmm...Google won't let me embed this Panorama Photo: Shared album - Micah Kuiper - Google Photos

collected some apples, still have to figure out how to clean and sort these

Click for full res

Click for full res

Adjusted my wifes compost pile so I can add/subtract/rotate using the bucket

Click for full res

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not bad!

SB1154 barely narrower than 2019 3032e with R4's

Click for full res

Click for full res

Click for full res

Click for full res

Blower is just about as narrow as the front tires

Click for full res

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally did it, crossed off one of my first bucketlist items and "bought" a "real tractor"! 3032e with FEL and 370B backhoe, SB1154, RT1157, box blade and landscape rake! my father had one that we used to clear trails and do yard maintenance on a 12 acre parcel and it was a dream for snow removal, logging, whatever we needed to throw at it. I just passed 10 hours last time I was home and am loving everything about the new and updated design! The only thing I don't like is the lack of a separate difflock pedal, shich with the ballast of a backhoe I don't need as much but still used it quite frequently over the couple days I needed it.

Still at the dealer, they had it on display!

I have the same tractor with the backhoe. I got mine almost a year ago and I love it I use it at least 4 times a week. My biggest pet peeve is the key location. I have bumped it several times. I am afraid of breaking it. Also it is hard to see putting your key in . Aside from that it has been able to do everything I have asked of it. Only have 180 hours on it .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts