Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded from a 3032 to a 4044M. Something I’ve noticed is it is very sluggish in B range on the hydrostatic. Going up driveway grade (not very steep) it blogs down even at full throttle without pulling any load. I could understand this in C Range but seems odd in B Range that it cant traverse grades even at lower torque. Is this normal?
A Range is so slow that it’s not well suited for moving around property. I find myself having to shift into A Range to climb grades which shouldn’t be the case for a hydro drive. Like the larger capacity but miss my 3032 hydrostatic.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
No, not normal. You could try engaging Load Match, but you shouldn’t need it with just an empty tractor on a slight grade at full throttle. I can run my 4044R all around our place on different grades in B range at 1200-1500 RPM and it never bogs down. Probably time to check with your dealer.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Definitely not right. B range is your do everything range. A range is for plowing. C range is road gear. I seldom get out of B range and have no issues with it.

Dave

·
Registered
163 Posts
Should not be like that, I transport a lot with a 1400# snowblower and a 500# snowbox up many hilly grades in C gear on town roads, and never loose more than 1 mile per hour. Yes mine is a 4066r, still 4044m, 44hp should be no dog. Something is wrong.

John Deere 4066R

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick feedback everyone. I didn’t think that was right. Time to call the dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well same thing here with my 4044R with cab. Like no more power than my 770. Sometimes it wouldn't even make it up the hill next to my house just lightly plowing, no matter what I did. I thought, well guess I should bought the 4066R cab. Anyways the warranty was running out, so I had the dealer pick it up for the other items like door pins constantly walking out and the shifter feels like it a stick in the mud, must need an adjustment. Trust me I don't expect the shifter to be a Hurst shifter. Anyways, they picked it up Wednesday, I'll let you guys know what they say. Take care.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I got the 4044R back from the dealer last week. They repaired the continuing door hinge pin walking out with another clip. Which will come off again the pin will walk out again. But anyways on to the lack of power. They adjusted the shifter, it's slightly better. The service manager said it's just a bad design. He said that they didn't see any problems with the power, but he admitted the didn't have any hills or items to pull it with for a comparison. Well I got it home and the power is only slightly better, but I haven't real gotten a chance to really try it out. It seems like it now drops into a lower gear sooner going up the hill. This is just going up the hill next to my house, not plowing or anything. If things improve I'll let you know.

Looks like I should of gotten the 4066R. ShouldaCouldaWoulda.................if I had the money of course.

Reactions: AMS
1 - 8 of 8 Posts