Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been a long wait but the papers were signed on Friday, and we took delivery on Saturday morning. I wasn't expecting it to be delivered until today, and the wife and I had already planned our weekend of stone wall building, and back filling our new 320 lb underground propane tank that will feed the new standby generator. I spent most of the weekend working on the stone wall, and back filling, but I did take the new tractor for a ride around the back yard before putting it in the garage for the night.
The dealer couldn't get the Frontier grapple in time it was showing a 6 month back order on them, so they swapped in a Worksaver grapple, I know nothing about them, but it will get put through the wringer here in the next year or so. They also looked at all of the hydraulics and how they went together and threw in a power beyond kit. I guess if one was ever added then a lot of the plumbing for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th SCV's wound need to be removed altered and reinstalled. The other surprise was the green skidding winch, when we ordered it I was asked what color I wanted and said the standard red was fine with me, just as long as it wasn't orange. The dealer said the red had a longer lead time, and green was in the warehouse, so green it is. I cant complain one bit about any of it. Once the generator project is done, hopefully I can get some seat time on it. Here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pictures comparing it to the 1025R TLB during a break. Its easy to see the size difference when they are parked next to one another.

And of course one last one of them both parked in the garage, the 1025R is behind the 4052R. my 30'X40' garage now feels tiny as with both tractors and implements there wasn't a ton of extra room. I need to spend sometime in the garage reorganizing things to make some extra room.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Nice addition to the fleet👍

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,820 Posts
Congratulations Krackle_959 (y)

·
Premium Member
9,760 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice addition to the fleet👍
Congratulations Krackle_959 (y)
Very nice!
Thanks guys.

I am hoping to get some seat time on it in the next week or so, but we have to finish our stone wall, and trench for the propane line and electrical line next weekend for the generator install. After that if there is time left over I can take it out back in the woods and get a couple red oaks and a maple that blew over. I also have to make a barricade at the trail entrances to our property. A 3' dia hemlock log put on two short pieces of hemlock with a notch in them should be enough to keep the ATV's out. I would rather not put a gate up, as its way out back and wouldn't look right. I will make sure to post some pictures of my idea on a log gate.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Nice addition (y)

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Very nice !!!
Great looking pair you got their !!!

Your going to notice a huge loader lift capacity difference among other things.
The 4Rs is where I think these smaller tractors really start behaving more like the much bigger tractors I grew up with. You can bust into hard dirt piles without skipping off the top, as well as simply picking up heavy stuff the 1,2,3 series cant begin to handle.
I still like the other smaller series as well, I think you got a good pair their.
One small enough to get into tightest of the really tight spaces and 4 series to tackle the big jobs.
Very nice.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
A few more pictures comparing it to the 1025R TLB during a break. Its easy to see the size difference when they are parked next to one another. View attachment 744850 View attachment 744851 View attachment 744852

And of course one last one of them both parked in the garage, the 1025R is behind the 4052R. my 30'X40' garage now feels tiny as with both tractors and implements there wasn't a ton of extra room. I need to spend sometime in the garage reorganizing things to make some extra room. View attachment 744853
I noticed the size difference for the short time I still had my 1025R. The pictures really don't show the difference near as well as in person. The fact that my 4066R had a cab made it look like even a bigger difference.

Dave

Reactions: ttazzman

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I dont think the pictures do the size/capability difference justice......the 52r should be able to pickup and carry around the 25r if it would fit in the bucket....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice !!!
Great looking pair you got their !!!

Your going to notice a huge loader lift capacity difference among other things.
The 4Rs is where I think these smaller tractors really start behaving more like the much bigger tractors I grew up with. You can bust into hard dirt piles without skipping off the top, as well as simply picking up heavy stuff the 1,2,3 series cant begin to handle.
I still like the other smaller series as well, I think you got a good pair their.
One small enough to get into tightest of the really tight spaces and 4 series to tackle the big jobs.
Very nice.
Thanks cc 1999!

There is a huge difference between the two tractors and they will serve mostly different purposes. The 1025R will still mow the yard, rototilling the garden, and snow blowing in the winter. It might do some small loader work near the house as well. The 4052R will spend a lot of time moving material around the property, skidding logs for firewood, grappling brush, carrying logs for a sawmill that hasn't been purchased yet, running a stump grinder, and many other activities.

I had originally planned on selling the 1025R and getting a 500 series lawn mower with a snow blower, and my wife convinced me I would never be happy downsizing lawn mowers, and convinced me to keep it, it wasn't that hard of a sell.

Reactions: rtgt and cc1999

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think the pictures do the size/capability difference justice......the 52r should be able to pickup and carry around the 25r if it would fit in the bucket....
Isn't that what forks are for? 😁 It would easily lift the 1025R, but I am sure there would be some damage done in lifting it.

I did notice that the rear tire on the 4052R is taller than the steering wheel on the 1025R, and that sitting on the 4052R in my driveway I am looking over the roof of my 2018 Ram 3500 4X4 on 35" tires.

Reactions: ttazzman

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I would recommend filling your 4052 rear tires will liquid ballast. It makes a noticeable difference. If memory serves those big tires hold something like 50-55 gal ea. Adding around 1000 pounds of rear ballast. I have it in both of my 4Rs and my 3R for that matter. Very true though the 4R with some good forks could pickup that 1R and carry it around.😁

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would recommend filling your 4052 rear tires will liquid ballast. It makes a noticeable difference. If memory serves those big tires hold something like 50-55 gal ea. Adding around 1000 pounds of rear ballast. I have it in both of my 4Rs and my 3R for that matter. Very true though the 4R with some good forks could pickup that 1R and carry it around.😁
The rears are filled, and with the spacers its not nearly as tippy as I thought it would be.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Good deal.
I put spacers on my 3R because it was just stupid/scary tipsy felling, plus it bounced me side to side all over inside the cab sometime violently.

The 3R was a night and day better/safer/smoother machine after adding spacer and even better yet with liquid ballast weighting the tires.

I still have a set of spacers setting on the bench in the barn ready for to go on either 4R machine, however so far the 4Rs with filled tires have felt really stable without them. I was quite shocked really .
Not sure I will need them on the 4Rs at least not seeing much need for them yet on my terrain.

·
Premium Member
9,760 Posts
Reactions: Krackle_959

·
Registered
263 Posts
Beauty!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Congratulations 🎉. Great looking machin. The side by side comparison was awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts