Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I received a call from my John Deere dealer this AM. The new 4066R Deluxe Cab tractor arrived along with a few other 4 Series. That's the good news. The 440R MSL loader w. 73" HD bucket was pushed back about 3 weeks. In the meantime most of the dealer installed accessories arrived. Outside rear view mirrors, power beyond, 3rd. function hydraulics and rear fender extension are in. Awaiting the 3rd. function front hard lines kit as well.

According to my dealer the MSL loaders are scarce. He did take delivery of a few 440R NSL loaders though.

Once the loader is in I'll drop off the 485A backhoe purchased and picked up in Western KY a month ago and they'll install that as well.

Here are a few cell phone photos:

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Green

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor

Handwriting Motor vehicle Light Plant Automotive exterior

Sky Tree Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
very nice. enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,943 Posts
That is awesome Frank, congratulations. (y)

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice, Frank. Are you going to take it home or leave it until the loader comes in?
I'll wait for the loader to arrive Don. No particular hurry at this point.

I am looking forward to dropping the backhoe off though. I want to treat the trailer deck sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Nice !!!
Congrats !!!

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade
247 Posts
Congratulations! The wait is almost over! If you don't mind me asking, what applications did you chose the turf tires for over R1s or R4's?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! The wait is almost over! If you don't mind me asking, what applications did you chose the turf tires for over R1s or R4's?
My first choice would have been the new R14's but unfortunately JD doesn't offer them on the 4 Series. That being said going back to my early 1980's 950 and later 1070 R3 turfs have always worked well for me.

I did have R4's on a couple of rigs including my previous 3320 TLB and around here they just didn't work out. Didn't like wet or muddy conditions. No traction on ice and snow. Especially with my long, steep driveway. Without chains the R4's were basically useless in the winter.

Additionally where I'll be crossing the lawn to get to the outskirts of my property the R3's will be more appropriate.

I did consider the Nokian snow tires that were offered as an option but settled on the R3's based upon previous experience.

R3's way back when:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

R3's recently:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do my eyes spy a factory front trailer tie down point??
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Do my eyes spy a factory front trailer tie down point?? View attachment 831281
If his new 2022 is still the same as my 2019 4066R, that tie down point only exists on that side seen in the pic.
I do wish they would have put one on both sides. I always struggle bit with where to hook onto from the other side.

·
Registered
2019 JD 4052M Hydro, JD 400E Loader, Frontier AP12F Forks, Frontier BB2072 Box Blade
247 Posts
My first choice would have been the new R14's but unfortunately JD doesn't offer them on the 4 Series. That being said going back to my early 1980's 950 and later 1070 R3 turfs have always worked well for me.

I did have R4's on a couple of rigs including my previous 3320 TLB and around here they just didn't work out. Didn't like wet or muddy conditions. No traction on ice and snow. Especially with my long, steep driveway. Without chains the R4's were basically useless in the winter.

Additionally where I'll be crossing the lawn to get to the outskirts of my property the R3's will be more appropriate.

I did consider the Nokian snow tires that were offered as an option but settled on the R3's based on previous experience.

R3's way back when:
View attachment 831279

R3's recently:
View attachment 831280
That makes sense. I know there are people out there who think turf tires are useless on a tractor, but I’ve briefly driven a couple tractors with turf tires and it’s surprising how well they perform. I understand now

1 - 20 of 70 Posts