Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great looking tractor. I just picked up the exact 4052 minus the backhoe. My one complaint is the R’3’s are narrow in the front and don’t have much float (came from Kubota R3’s which are 29x12.5 and Deere is 27x10.5).
Anyone running something wider up front and same 44x18 20’s in the rear?

·
Registered
244 Posts
That makes sense. I know there are people out there who think turf tires are useless on a tractor, but I’ve briefly driven a couple tractors with turf tires and it’s surprising how well they perform. I understand now
I really enjoyed having my new turf hybrid tires this winter I was able to plow a couple hills this past winter. that I couldn't even think about doing uphill in the past

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Me too! I haven't found a good solution yet 😕
I have been dropping a tie down strap down on the back side of the front suitcase weight bracket then hooking it on the bracket . Much nicer / easier on the side with loop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Frank or some of you other members, will you give me your tire specs? I just got my 4066 cab and will be riding a lot on turf and would like to go with some of the turf tires seen in these photos, so specs on the tires for R3 please??

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Frank or some of you other members, will you give me your tire specs? I just got my 4066 cab and will be riding a lot on turf and would like to go with some of the turf tires seen in these photos, so specs on the tires for R3 please??
If you presently have R4 Industrial Tires you'll need new wheels to accommodate R3 Turf Tires.

That being said you can upgrade to the new R14's which are available to fit on your existing wheels. I looked into this and spoke with a Goodyear / Titan Rep at the NFMS recently and he was willing to assist me with the conversion. In the end I decided to stick with my original plan to use the R3's.

The R14 are a hybrid tread design but more aggressive than the R3 Turf tires.

From JD's 4066R Specs Page here: John Deere 4066R Specifications

Rectangle Font Circle Number Parallel

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm green with envy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I received a call from my John Deere dealer this AM. The new 4066R Deluxe Cab tractor arrived along with a few other 4 Series. That's the good news. The 440R MSL loader w. 73" HD bucket was pushed back about 3 weeks. In the meantime most of the dealer installed accessories arrived. Outside rear view mirrors, power beyond, 3rd. function hydraulics and rear fender extension are in. Awaiting the 3rd. function front hard lines kit as well.

According to my dealer the MSL loaders are scarce. He did take delivery of a few 440R NSL loaders though.

Once the loader is in I'll drop off the 485A backhoe purchased and picked up in Western KY a month ago and they'll install that as well.

Here are a few cell phone photos:

View attachment 831425

View attachment 831249

View attachment 831250
Congratulations! If I ever can win the Lottery I'd love to buy one myself. The cab though wouldn't allow me to go down into brushy areas so really would be a lot of tractor to mow 16 acres with!!!!! Just wish these things were not priced more than a house sometimes!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you presently have R4 Industrial Tires you'll need new wheels to accommodate R3 Turf Tires.

That being said you can upgrade to the new R14's which are available to fit on your existing wheels. I looked into this and spoke with a Goodyear / Titan Rep at the NFMS recently and he was willing to assist me with the conversion. In the end I decided to stick with my original plan to use the R3's.

View attachment 831701
Thanks a lot, I do have the R-4 tires currently, any ideas or round about price on full tire and wheel conversion?

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Thanks a lot, I do have the R-4 tires currently, any ideas or round about price on full tire and wheel conversion?
You could check an agricultural tire supplier in your area. John Deere dealer for wheel prices however there are other places that offer wheels at a significant cost savings.

@cc1999 has had plenty of experience with tire and wheel changeovers and upgrades. Maybe he can offer some suggestions. He also has a 4066R Cab tractor which I believe he upgraded with R14's as well.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Ag Wheel Express had take off R3s for the rears and inventory fronts, including rims for my 3046R delivered for 1550 last May. Easy to deal with - like walking in in and sitting down at their kitchen table.

Anybody want my well half used R4s? Rears are filled!

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 831701
Thanks so much

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Very similar setup to what I'm currently looking at except for the R3's, property gets very wet but I've actually had pretty good luck with the R4 on my 4700.
Questioned the sales person about R14's and after the blank stare sent him info on them, think they would work well here in the Lowcountry.
Had a conversation with the Goodyear / Titan Rep at the NFMS. He stated that the main reason that John Deere has not yet approved the R14's is because of the related work involved with updating their websites, specs, catalogs, literature ect. It's not a matter of them liking the tires or not, just the overhead involved with implementation.

Apparently that wasn't an issue for competitors as many of the compact models displayed at the NFMS were equipped with the R14's.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Picked up the 4066R Deluxe cab this afternoon. Long wait! Ordered it in early December.

The tractor arrived in March but the loader was pushed back a few times. Looking forward to giving it a workout.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread. Very nice Superglidesport, very nice, I think you're really gonna like having the thumb. Good luck with it.
The only reason I don't get one is our XUV560 wouldn't be able to pull it out when stuck.
Electric blue Font Event Building Art

·
Administrator
22,238 Posts
Wanna bet he stayed up all night in the barn buffing it out and giving it a nice coat (or 3) of wax? 😆

Super nice tractor Frank!!👍🏼

41 - 60 of 70 Posts