Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just new to the forum so hi to you all. I was wondering if any 4210 owner could help me out in locating where valve for draining water and sediment from the fuel tank is located. I have a manual and have spoken to my closest dealership and it is clearly not located where they say to look. Darned if I can find it?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
The drain valve should be behind the side panel in the lower right hand corner of the fuel tank. Right hand while setting on the tractor seat. The only other ways I know of draining the fuel tank is to remove the fuel filter sediment bowl & drain it with the sediment removed. Or disconnect the fuel line between the sediment bowl & tank.

·
Registered
418 Posts
On my 4310 it's right below the fuel feed line. It actually is the tank drain but it's below the fuel line outlet so it can serve as a water drain. The filter/sediment bowl is behind the right side cover but it doesn't have a drain valve on it. Best remove the right side engine cover and replace the filter. FYI the filter doesn't come with a replacement o-ring. You have to buy that separate.

The small engine filter you see is something I added. It just gives me extra protection and an early warning system if the fuel gets contaminated. I have one added to all my diesels.

The tank drain is the little red handle at the end of the arrow.

Attachments

Reactions: ChrisR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4210 fuel drain.

Thanks for the feedback everyone that schematic really helps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can’t get a break on this,

I finally found where the drain valve is located however it is right behind the frame of the aftermarket cab on my tractor making it impossible to access without removing the cab☹ I guess I will just cut the fuel line that goes into the tank right above the drain and add a valve there. Not perfect but should help. Thanks for the help Tx Jim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts