Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello It’s good to be associated with you all in the forum, hope I can help any way I can with issues as much as I hope to gain from your knowledge and experience in our green world.
I had an issue with my 2013 5045 D smoking for about the first 5 minutes on cold startups, its worse on cold days, I was told by a mechanic at the John Deere dealership to slightly advance the injector pump timing wich I did, it helped eliminate the smoking issue but now there is a engine knock that I’m a little concerned about causing engine damage due to late timing.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Thanks G.P.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
GP,
:wgtt:

I haven’t heard of this issue. Can you post a link to a video you can post on YouTube? That would help us help you.

You would be much better off starting a new thread in the utility tractor forum. Most fellas that have experience in this area will see it there, not here. This is more of a welcome area. I can move it for you if you like, but don’t hesitate to start a dedicated thread there. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry I should’ve seen the please don’t post technical questions on introduction
GP,

I haven’t heard of this issue. Can you post a link to a video you can post on YouTube? That would help us help you.

You would be much better off starting a new thread in the utility tractor forum. Most fellas that have experience in this area will see it there, not here. This is more of a welcome area. I can move it for you if you like, but don’t hesitate to start a dedicated thread there. :thumbup1gif:
I saw that notice a little to late:banghead:
Please do move it if you don’t mind
Thank you for your help!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,052 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the cold start intake air heater, the 5055 and up come with this, not sure on the 45D. And also are you setting your throttle to 1200 to 1300 RPM when you cold start your tractor

John Deere Parts Catalog
Mine doesn’t have the air heater, thanks for the link. I usually keep the idle down when starting. I will get the rpms up to 1200 and hopefully that will help with the problem, if it does I’ll be a happy plow boy :greentractorride:
Thank you for your input Ram!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts