Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached a few pictures of the new radtech blower , first impression is that it is well made , steel is 3/16" on sides and the rest is 1/8". Quality of paint looks good , just started the assembly there are lots of parts but the instruction manual is very good. When the local dealer dropped it off today I made him an offer to trade the 1026R on a new 1025r tlb so need to know which tractor the blower is going on before I can go any further . Should know tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I have attached a few pictures of the new radtech blower , first impression is that it is well made , steel is 3/16" on sides and the rest is 1/8". Quality of paint looks good , just started the assembly there are lots of parts but the instruction manual is very good. When the local dealer dropped it off today I made him an offer to trade the 1026R on a new 1025r tlb so need to know which tractor the blower is going on before I can go any further . Should know tomorrow.
What kind of deal did you get? Different front quick hitch or??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of deal did you get? Different front quick hitch or??
Yes it is completely different from the John Deere quick hitch and my understanding is that nothing else fits it . It all comes as a package complete with the electric actuator for the chute deflector.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks good. I hope you like it. The green sure looks better than the JD yellow, matches the tractor instead of the seat.

Does this unit have a carrier bearing similar to JD 54” unit?

Does it use the same JD drive shaft?

Does it have a chain drive off the drive shaft input? I’d be interested what the sprocket ratio is compared to JD unit for output speed.

It appears taller than JD unit.

I’m thinking it costs more than the 54” JD.......?:gizmo::gizmo:maybe not.......

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Looks good. I hope you like it. The green sure looks better than the JD yellow, matches the tractor instead of the seat.

Does this unit have a carrier bearing similar to JD 54” unit?
No. Totally different design.

Does it use the same JD drive shaft?
No, different drive shaft

Does it have a chain drive off the drive shaft input? I’d be interested what the sprocket ratio is compared to JD unit for output speed.
No. This unit has a gear box on the back.

It appears taller than JD unit.
The mounting system for this blower is totally unique compared to other JD from mount blower. It actually is somewhat similar to some of the Kubota front blower systems.

I’m thinking it costs more than the 54” JD.......?:gizmo::gizmo:maybe not.......
I thought someone said it was about $500 more than the existing 54" blower but I believe that was without the remote spout control. I also believe this unit is only sold in Canada.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought someone said it was about $500 more than the existing 54" blower but I believe that was without the remote spout control. I also believe this unit is only sold in Canada.
That explains why I can't find any info about it here in Pa.:banghead:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes it is completely different from the John Deere quick hitch and my understanding is that nothing else fits it . It all comes as a package complete with the electric actuator for the chute deflector.

I hear the Deere front hitch has some play in it when stuff is hooked up. What about this one? My local dealer was telling me these were substantially better built.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Whoa, that thing is a beast! Make sure to post some action shots this winter.
I guess Radtech makes the Frontier blowers as well as i ordered some shear bolts last year from JD for my 3 point Frontier. The bolts came directly from Radtech in Canada.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoa, that thing is a beast! Make sure to post some action shots this winter.
I guess Radtech makes the Frontier blowers as well as i ordered some shear bolts last year from JD for my 3 point Frontier. The bolts came directly from Radtech in Canada.
I think most of the questions have been answered I paid 6,000 Canadian , did not price the jd yellow one so can’t comment on the price difference. The electric actuator and wiring is part of the standard package. What is not included is the driveshaft speed sensor and associated wiring harness if u need it

·
Registered
968 Posts
I hear the Deere front hitch has some play in it when stuff is hooked up. What about this one? My local dealer was telling me these were substantially better built.

You are correct. It has a pin pivot affair so it can be used with other attachments. I made mine solid buy replacing pin with big bolt and nut and drilling a couple holes and bolting the thing down solid. A lot of torque on 1/2” nuts and bolts with Loctite so it stays together. I only use the front hitch for the snow blower so no need to pivot.

If the initial pivot pin were ever to come out with the drive turning, IMHO it would make a mess of things. The blower now dosen’t seem to waddle around as it did prior to making it all solid.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
THAT unit is what guys like me expect from JD... too bad they can't figure it out.

I am wondering if that "quick hitch" is more compatible with a FEL. One can't leave the mount adapter on a 1026 and get the FEL mounted. The stand hits the bracket when it retracts and keeps the latches from closing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations on a nice blower.

I tried to get one, and it boiled down to not finding somenoe to ship it from canada to wi.
.. Plus the lack of dealer support in the US was a factor i went with a Bercomac.. I picked it up yesterday, its on the back of my truck.
.....of course i will have to put pics here when i get to assembing it, and a few videos for youtube.

From what i found, the John Deere spins the second stage at 770 rpm, the Bercomac spins it at 1050.... Would be interesting to know how fast the rad tech spins the second stage at.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congratulations on a nice blower.

I tried to get one, and it boiled down to not finding somenoe to ship it from canada to wi.
.. Plus the lack of dealer support in the US was a factor i went with a Bercomac.. I picked it up yesterday, its on the back of my truck.
.....of course i will have to put pics here when i get to assembing it, and a few videos for youtube.

From what i found, the John Deere spins the second stage at 770 rpm, the Bercomac spins it at 1050.... Would be interesting to know how fast the rad tech spins the second stage at.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :)

Well ya can figure out the speed it turns by knowing the reduction ratios on the first and second gear/chain set. You know the driveshaft input speed and go from there.

I speed up my JD 54” blower by 10%. I reduced the size of the big chain sprocket by (I think it was 6 teeth less) and shortened the chain. Original if it was 770 RPM’s it is now 847 RPM’s. But understand the main auger also spins 10% faster. But I can controll the rate of feed into the chute by tractor ground speed. Still allowing for farther throwing the snow out of the chute. Total cost to speed it up was well under $50 bucks and real easy to do. If I was to do it again a speed up of 20% would still be within this tractor’s capability IMHO. But I’m ok with it at 10%.:bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Well ya can figure out the speed it turns by knowing the reduction ratios on the first and second gear/chain set. You know the driveshaft input speed and go from there.
This new blower uses a gearbox instead of a chain and sprockets. Without details on the gear reduction it is near impossible to calculate. You COULD manually figure it out by manually turning the driveshaft and counting the impeller revolutions.

·
Registered
968 Posts
This new blower uses a gearbox instead of a chain and sprockets. Without details on the gear reduction it is near impossible to calculate. You COULD manually figure it out by manually turning the driveshaft and counting the impeller revolutions.

Yes, counting revolutions would work. I would assume there is an assembly or repair manual that calls out the gearing or labeling of parts to make it a sit down task.:unknown:

But for all practical purpose especially if at computer, a manufactures parts identified list or exploded drawing would be sufficient. Generally gears or sprockets are titled by tooth count.:unknown:

But if not available back to your initial suggestion of counting............:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just checked there is not a nametag on the gearbox and the parts list does not give the needed info on the gears , just finishing a few fall projects with the loader and will install the snowblower next week. I'll check reduction by turning the drive shaft and report back to u curious types !!

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Yes, counting revolutions would work. I would assume there is an assembly or repair manual that calls out the gearing or labeling of parts to make it a sit down task.:unknown:

But for all practical purpose especially if at computer, a manufactures parts identified list or exploded drawing would be sufficient. Generally gears or sprockets are titled by tooth count.:unknown:
That's the crazy thing with this new blower. It's like JD has a red-headed step child. No parts information on the JD site and nothing really on the RadTech site. It's the Area-51 of snow blowers. It exists but no one will admit to it. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts