Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I own a excavation company and buy all John Deere (3-4 new machines a year). I decided I wanted a UTV for my property and of course wanted to go with Deere as I am a loyal customer. I must say I am very disappointed. The 590i on the lot is a never sold 2017 camo model, and there are no rebates for buying a machine 2 years old. I took the brand new machine to my property to demo and the following where already broken with NO hours.

-3 out of 4 shocks leaked
-The E brake cable was broken
-The machine leaks oil
-The camo bed vinyl was pealing off already

The dealer, who I have a great relationship said they want $13,700 for the machine, plus $6,500 for poly doors, roof, windshield, front bumper, and winch. LOL a brand new Ranger 570 or Honda Pioneer is $15,000 out the door with the same features and I think the quality blows deere away. I know the 825i gator is a whole lot better machine, but its to wide for some on the area I hunt. Does anyone else feel the 590 series of gator is was overpriced and underbuilt?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I tried out the 590 and after reading about issues went with 835m with hvac. Very pleased.

You might just have to widen some of the trails you go on.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

Wife bought a 11 Gator 550S4. After 3-4 yrs of never being happy , bought the 15 Pioneer 700 4 seater. Happy with trading . Now have close to 1700 miles on Honda been back one time to get the valves adjusted per Honda dealer and Honda recommends. Yes dislikes on Honda and Gator but overall the Honda wins IMO .

I will we liked the lower stance of the Gator , getting in easier for the wife and grandkids. From what my JD mechanic and shop foreman was telling me , Deere has worked on changing a lot features for the better ..:dunno: on the 550-590 series. The Gator having the 2nd row of seats and separate bed was handy compared to the Honda with fold down/up rear seats. So needing to haul a load and taking 4 or 5 people OK a little harder to do but then the lower stance of the Gator and being longer made it tough as Heck going someplaces . Would bottom out and get me hung up , learned real quick of taking the easy path.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
You buy 2 to 3 machines a year???

Think you should get gator for free:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I have a 590M that I purchased 4 months ago. While I would like to have got a 835, I bought the 590 becuase of the narrower track. My trails, and where we sometimes ride, wouldn’t fit an 835.
My previous side by side was a 2009 Polaris RZR. The 590 is much better in my opinion...granted, the 590 is 9 years newer, so it should be.

So far, I have really liked it—no issues, lots of power, winch pulls well, great in snow, really like the power steering.
I haven’t noticed anything like shocks/oil leaking.

Only thing I’d want different is the box...the way the tailgate is not flush with the side walls of the bed means some material doesn’t dump out. I knew that would be an issue when I bought it.

I’m not sure of the difference between the 590i and 590M, so perhaps the shocks are different in the M??

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 590M that I purchased 4 months ago. While I would like to have got a 835, I bought the 590 becuase of the narrower track. My trails, and where we sometimes ride, wouldn’t fit an 835.
My previous side by side was a 2009 Polaris RZR. The 590 is much better in my opinion...granted, the 590 is 9 years newer, so it should be.

So far, I have really liked it—no issues, lots of power, winch pulls well, great in snow, really like the power steering.
I haven’t noticed anything like shocks/oil leaking.

Only thing I’d want different is the box...the way the tailgate is not flush with the side walls of the bed means some material doesn’t dump out. I knew that would be an issue when I bought it.

I’m not sure of the difference between the 590i and 590M, so perhaps the shocks are different in the M??
M has power steering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts