Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 590M was drivered today, along with the 2025R. The gator is exactly what we need for the jobs around the yard...and we’ll be able to take out to the mountains.

Looking forward to hooking up the tub trailer and hauling out some of the deadfall I’ve got scattered around.

Heck, even the dogs were excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Our 590M was drivered today, along with the 2025R. The gator is exactly what we need for the jobs around the yard...and we’ll be able to take out to the mountains.

Looking forward to hooking up the tub trailer and hauling out some of the deadfall I’ve got scattered around.

Heck, even the dogs were excited!
Let us know how you like the 590M! Thats a great picture with the two goldens in the back of it:laugh:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Wow! Which one did you want to test out first?
Couple of beauties.

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
:bigthumb::congrats: on the new :greentractorride: and the :greencart::laugh:

i found that the 590M-i was able to fit in it-really nice-almost bought one if i could of added other things on it. good luck with both of them.

ur dogs seem as happy as mine does now. he knows which garage door-already the gator is parked behind:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,724 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: yupp, the delivery of a Gator is always a great day - and when you get another JD w/ the same delivery you have to sign the day in your calender for a yearly fest. Congrats!

·
Registered
316 Posts
How are you doing with the new Gator? Any problems? Who makes the engine for this model? I am interested in a UTV THIS SIZE and am looking for reviews by owners. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How are you doing with the new Gator? Any problems? Who makes the engine for this model? I am interested in a UTV THIS SIZE and am looking for reviews by owners. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thanks Gizmo2.

Doing great with the gator. It has performed flawlessly with everything I’ve asked it to do--recognizing I’ve only had it for less than 3 months.
The 835 would have been my choice except it is too wide for my trails.

For comparison, I had a 2009 RZR for 8 years. While it went everywhere I wanted it to go, it didn’t have EPS and had a small non dumping box. While I used it for pulling my tub trailer a bit, it was purpose built for trail riding.

The suspension is very good—it smooths out the bumps well, keeps the machine level regardless of load in the box etc.
The drivetrain is very smooth. No jerking and the launch can be super slow with no hesitation.
The EPS works very well at any speed. Makes twisty trails a pleasure, and backing up to hook up to the trailer easy.
I’ve loaded the box and trailer with logs, and it pulled thru a 3” snowfall with no problem or wheel spin. I didn’t try in 2WD so I don’t know how that would have gone.

I’ve taken the nets off. I found the RZR nets easier to use. Plus, we’re using the gator much more for gardening and so lots of in and out. Easy to put them back on for trail riding.

The dump box is small so we use the 17P hooked up quite a bit. I really like the way blue87fj60 built the box bed for their 615. Because of how the tailgate works on the 590, too much of the box becomes wasted space to replicate his.

I’d like to have the auto dump feature however the cost is crazy. The box dumps very easily manually and I’ve never had a problem lifting it when full.

I’ve had no problems at all. For what we needed (agile, less than 60” wide, dumping box, winch, EPS, smooth launch, can put an aftermarket plow on if needed and a few other criteria), it has fit the list very well.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You make me want a 590i North585.
Just maybe someday I'll trade the 560 in for a 590i.
It’s only :gizmo: Write the cheque...or sign the financing papers....either way, painless :good2:

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: The 590 may become my secondary vehicle - but my primary vehicle is the 550, and then the tractors and then the YETI and then... the bicycle... or so

·
Registered
316 Posts
Glad to see you have not had any issues with the Gator, I have a mid size Ranger now but might move to a green machine in the spring

1 - 16 of 16 Posts