Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, wanting some opinions on this.. Im thinking about getting one of these blades and trying to decide which size to get.. I have both a 2305 and 2520 with quick hitches for both.. More than likely, I would be using the blade on the 2305. Im sure it would handle the 60" fine, but not sure about the 66"... For $25 more what do you do? Im gonna email them and ask if they have any measurements of ground clearance of the blade full up and angled on both mounted on a 2210/2305. Tractor pictured is a 2320..

NEW 60" Snow Plow-John Deere Compact

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
snow plow

Newt ; hi; them are nice looking blades, look's almost like deeres own, just painted green, and price seems fair too. I can't remember how much wider I made mine, but after extending width, when u pick it up which ever way is angled it sits lower to the ground. it still clears ground just not as high before widening it. but at least rear tire not running in windrow of snow. thanks for showing. Big Jim

Reactions: Levi and NEWT

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Interesting. Never heard of this company. Seems to be ctattachments.com

I've never heard of them before so have no idea of the quality of their products.

I think with the 2305 I'd stick with the 60". I'm sure you could push a 66" plow in 3"-4" of snow but in a 18" storm you may start running into problems.

Reactions: Levi and NEWT

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Newt ; hi; them are nice looking blades, look's almost like deeres own, just painted green, and price seems fair too. I can't remember how much wider I made mine, but after extending width, when u pick it up which ever way is angled it sits lower to the ground. it still clears ground just not as high before widening it. but at least rear tire not running in windrow of snow. thanks for showing. Big Jim
Very nice looking blade , have never figured out why Deere doesn't offer a true heavy made ,taller blade for Series 1 & 2 tractors. Look at some of the other brand tractors and they put a blade , nice size cutting edge and large shoes compared to the thin piece of metal Deere calls a CUTTING EDGE AND SHOES NOT WORTH the metal they were made from to be used in gravel. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Same for me, I added I think 5-6" on each side of 47 blade. Worked great on the 2305 , but if you have sloping ground I wouldn't go over 60" with a sub comp tractor . Because when angled the blade comes very close to dragging.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Just as an FYI, If you'd rather use your loader arms and want to be able to swap a plow between your tractors, you might also want to look at Michigan Iron's plow unit. It'll cost more but it stacking snow is an issue it might be worth the added cost.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
The front dethatcher on their site is interesting. 60" wide and uses the hydraulic cylinder from the JD quick hitch to raise and lower it. Best part it's only 300 bucks. Malone wisconsin is where it says they are located and that's only 40 miles north of me.

EDIT: If you go to the www.compacttractorattachments.com link it takes you to another web page. If you click on any link on this page you get redirected to www.everythingattachments.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
The front dethatcher on their site is interesting. 60" wide and uses the hydraulic cylinder from the JD quick hitch to raise and lower it. Best part it's only 300 bucks. Malone wisconsin is where it says they are located and that's only 40 miles north of me.
Sounds like time for a road trip! :laugh:

I'm wondering how much their plows weigh. With 1/4" steel and the added height I have to wonder how much of a beating they put on a QuckHitch. The only thing they list a weight on is their grapple (which actually looks kinda nice!).

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts

I'm wondering how much their plows weigh. With 1/4" steel and the added height I have to wonder how much of a beating they put on a QuckHitch. The only thing they list a weight on is their grapple (which actually looks kinda nice!).
And I just happen to have this coming Friday off :thumbup1gif:

They show the grapple as weighing 195 pounds including the hydraulic cylinder. They list the blades as being 24" tall as made from 1/4" steel. Bet them weigh more than the Deere 54".

I think a road trip is definately in order.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts

JimR. that is another problem, the quick hitch IMHO isn't gonna stand to much beating with my extra weight that I put on sides, I guess when it goes, i'll just do like billstmaxx did to his and weld up one heavy enough to stand pushing more than 50 foot drriveways in the subuards. Boy cheese train wished I lived closer I go with u on the road trip. :laugh: Big Jim p.s. I don't think I would be back home before wife got off work! :nunu:

Reactions: Levi

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I'll see what info I can get. I'm curious on the dethatcher as to how it operates without some gauge wheels on the front. Like the hydraulic lift however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
Just as an FYI, If you'd rather use your loader arms and want to be able to swap a plow between your tractors, you might also want to look at Michigan Iron's plow unit. It'll cost more but it stacking snow is an issue it might be worth the added cost.
The loader arms approach certainly seems better. I am concerned with putting a larger plow on the JD quick attach system. While it seems fine for pushing around a snow blower or the power broom, the whole build of the mount does not seem up to the task of the constant beating a larger plow would generate.

There is a guy on one of the forums who built a slightly larger plow for the quick attach and ended up bending the side plates and breaking the tilt cylinder.

It is probably why JD does not offer a larger or heavier blade for the front of the 1-series and 2-series.

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
It is probably why JD does not offer a larger or heavier blade for the front of the 1-series and 2-series.
:think: :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,068 Posts
The loader arms approach certainly seems better. I am concerned with putting a larger plow on the JD quick attach system. While it seems fine for pushing around a snow blower or the power broom, the whole build of the mount does not seem up to the task of the constant beating a larger plow would generate.

There is a guy on one of the forums who built a slightly larger plow for the quick attach and ended up bending the side plates and breaking the tilt cylinder.

Good post!

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
The loader arms approach certainly seems better. I am concerned with putting a larger plow on the JD quick attach system.
Yup. Some of these bigger plows are REALLY beefy. If you are already starting out 300#-400# heavier then the JD plow it just seems to me that you get to a point where you're just asking for problems.

I went with the Artillian loader setup for my plow and while I'm happy with it so far, I'd really like a 66" plow with Artillian-like rubber wings so I can get up against walls while it's angled and not scrape the wall with my tires. The 54" JD plow is just a little to narrow for the 2032R's 54" track - even with the Artilllian wings.

Reactions: Levi

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,068 Posts
Yup. Some of these bigger plows are REALLY beefy. If you are already starting out 300#-400# heavier then the JD plow it just seems to me that you get to a point where you're just asking for problems.

I went with the Artillian loader setup for my plow and while I'm happy with it so far, I'd really like a 66" plow with Artillian-like rubber wings so I can get up against walls while it's angled and not scrape the wall with my tires. The 54" JD plow is just a little to narrow for the 2032R's 54" track - even with the Artilllian wings.
I like to add weight to our plow.
The length is what will get ya. There is a lot of leverage out on the ends in relation to such a small section for mounting/pushing.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts

The reason they don't is, we have the same cyl on our 1 and 2 series ,that the x 7 lawn garden and next size smaller tractor is using.

For the fellow building the larger plow ,guessing don't know ,seems he was trying to use as a dozer instead of a tractor. Anything built can be broken , I know , my older brother could tear up a tank in a day. Me I'm guessing I could use it for the rest of the life. Some users should never operate a piece of machinery or a tool.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, still thinking of getting one of these.. I have a extra quick hitch for a 2520 and might sell it and the 54 blade to fund one of the 60"ers or the 66" if I decide.. Im thinking the 60" would be better since I most likely use the blade on the 2305..

Im waiting on a email from the seller, he sold a 66"er to a customer with a 2305 and hes supposed to give me some measurements on ground clearance with the blade up and full angled.. :munch:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I went back an forth over email with the owner of ctattachments.com Monday night. First off his web address is the Compact Tractor Attachments and he is not affiliated with Everything Attachments. EA just got the rights to the web site he wanted to use. He thanked me for pointing out the wrong web address on some of his pictures. He also stated that he only has a 60" plow currently in stock. He grossly under estimated the popularity of the plow blades, which is a good problem to have to some extent. The dethather is a work in progress. The grapple is pretty sweet. He doesn't have any new product on hand except for the one 60" plow which won't last long so I won't be road tripping to take a look.

He is also working on a way to mount his dethatcher to the JD quick hitch. That would be aewsome if he could get that to work. I sent him some web sites of ones I was looking at and was going to see what he could come up with. He also asked about what online forum he popped up on so I told him GTT.

Come spring I will defineately be paying him a visit on the dethatcher. I don't need a grapple per se, but the more I look at one the more I want one for some reason.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
That is a nice looking grapple.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 64 Posts