Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have finally gotten around to posting a bit of a review of some long awaited additions to my 3046r. I have recently started a new job with a heck of a commute so I haven't had much time to do anything (also moved and am remodeling house). Also, I moved from west Texas to the hill country.

1. KBOGH's the quintessential addition to any bucket. I had them on my 1025r and finally got around to putting them on my 3046r. I think that I went hulk on one bolt as it twisted right off on me. I was only using a standard 1/2" ratchet. some pics for Kenny of them in use. I also put the receiver hitch on the bucket in the middle. Lots of holes were drilled that day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456764161.016633.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456764183.042404.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456764195.265998.jpg

2. Piranha toothbar. Yes, it is also a must-have. Especially since I use my tractor to clear out brush.

Please excuse the commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To25OG85CDI

3. Heavy Hitch. I ordered the hitch that has the gooseneck adapter on it plus the garden bedder attachment.

Review:

Pros: Packaging was superb. Paint job was superb. Welds look superb. Functioned as expected. Appears to be a great unit.

Cons: Price. This unit is not really in any way competitive to others and especially to building one yourself. Didn't include any lynch pins. For a new piece of equipment priced so highly you would expect it to include pins...

Would I buy it again? If money was no option then yes. I would say that it's probably the highest quality out there. Is the quality equal to the increased purchase price? Probably not. I think that they should come down in price. But, after bedding the garden I forgot how much I spent on it and am happy that it's now in my arsenal. I'll make more money.

I put in 399' of rows. Buried drip irrigation. This stupid black mud compacted under the weight of the tires so that the bedder did not dig in very far. I will hang some weights off of it next year. I tilled it about a month ago and then twice yesterday (actually my better half did all of the tilling). I will be using liquid fertilizer distributed into the hose feeding the drip lines so it should make life easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOep6z1SMBg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456764963.753520.jpg

Any questions or comments?

My hydraulic top link from Brian was also ordered and will be here in a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Are you kidding me? Gardening in February???

That is not fair. Not fair at all.

BTW, it looks really good. I'm eager to watch the videos (blocked here at the office).

Tim

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
I can't believe you broke a bolt with a 1/2" ratchet
It must have been a bad one...I hope :hide:

Regarding the HH, remember that it's one of the only ones available that's made in the USA and powder coated.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
I can't believe you broke a bolt with a 1/2" ratchet
It must have been a bad one...I hope :hide:

Regarding the HH, remember that it's one of the only ones available that's made in the USA and powder coated.
Maybe he had 2 ft cheater on the ratchet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You know, looking at it, I don't see how that bolt broke like that by tightening
up the nut. :dunno:
Looks like a classic fracture to me, you can see the drive socket deformed the head a bit too. I'm betting the OP is strong like bull!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I popped a 5/8" Grade 8 once. Surprised the heck out of me. It happens to everyone if you've been doing this stuff long enough.

I've listened to it 3 times and still can't figure out what you were saying when you got the roots out? :unknown: :laugh:

Way jealous of gardening in Feb! :nunu: :greentractorride: But I'd do the same thing if we had the weather for it. It was :cold: out today despite being a balmy 20F. We had a wind chill but it didn't feel windy. Just chilled ya to the bone in minutes.

Looking at another 2-3 weeks minimum before the grounds thawed enough to get going on brush removal again. Fortunately we don't have much frost from the sounds of it, so that'll make things go pretty quick when the temps rise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts