Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my new 1025 TLB home today. Beautiful machine.

It will be hard to part with my 425 which is also a terrific tractor but I'm looking forward to putting the backhoe and 4wd to work.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
Sweet. Very nice :thumbup1gif:

Is it dirty yet?

Reactions: Levi and SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Congratulations! Prepare your wallet for what's next (implements/attachments)!

·
Registered
121 Posts
nice!

way to go... Ive had mine a bit over 2 mnths and Ive got several big chores done that had been neglected for a few years

you;; find plenty for that rig to do in the years to come...Congrats!!!!:thumbup1gif::good2::greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.

Welcome to the GTT family. Glad you are here.

:wgtt:

Now, go visit uncle Kenny.....Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

He has many things you simply MUST have such as

Backhoe Steps.

Bolt on Bucket bucket Hooks.

New I Match Main Hook (got mine today, excellent product and big improvement over OEM)

Proper lifting straps and rigging gear to lift things safely and correctly.

And many more.

Seriously, I am simply a satisfied customer as are many of us here on GTT. Ken is a great guy to deal with and can make your great new machine OUTSTANDING.

Also, as a Public Service Announcement, PLEASE make sure to be extremely careful when you have the backhoe off your tractor and you are using the Front End Loader to carry any weight.

At all times, Always carry all bucket loads very low to the ground and move slowly.

When the backhoe is off, the machine can become very unstable, very easily when carrying any load. Just go easy and take your time to learn your machine. Slow and steady.....and SAFELY.

Make sure to read one of the threads on "Rear Ballast" and other such safe operating threads. Often, when new owners get a machine with a backhoe, the dealers fail to talk about the need for other ballast sources when the backhoe is removed. Just go up to the "Search Bar" on the upper right of any page and type "rear Ballast" or tractor rollover, etc. As they say, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt or something goes wrong.

Once again, Great looking machine and congratulations.

The task list of capabilities for this machine is endless, just like a new owners smiles........:good2:

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts

When considering the total package purchase price I spent, the amount for the tractor itself, was about 1/3rd of the total amount I spent. It's not hard to do. But every single attachment and implement just further enhance this great machines capabilities. Hey, its only money.....:laugh::lol::yahoo:

:gizmo:

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Brought my new 1025 TLB home today. Beautiful machine.

It will be hard to part with my 425 which is also a terrific tractor but I'm looking forward to putting the backhoe and 4wd to work.
Hey, if you didn't trade it in, keep it. Where one tractor is handy, multiple tractors are extra handy.....Plus they become part of the family over time and it's hard to just kick them to the curb when the new girlfriend (1025R TLB Unit) comes along......:good2:

Reactions: Levi and kylew

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Congrats on the :greentractorride:

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Hey I just noticed that your loader hose hook is about as useless as mine. I've been trying to get my hoses to stay in there to no avail. Next time I take the loader off and back on, I'm going to pay close attention to where the hoses like to be in case I connected them out of wack.

Reactions: Levi and kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
Hey I just noticed that your loader hose hook is about as useless as mine. I've been trying to get my hoses to stay in there to no avail. Next time I take the loader off and back on, I'm going to pay close attention to where the hoses like to be in case I connected them out of wack.

Try rotating the hook towards the back.

View attachment 641592

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
I wonder if Ken's BH steps work on the 260B ?

Kenny?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Try rotating the hook towards the back.

View attachment 641592
I had thought about doing that, but after seeing several pictures, decided it was installed correctly. But I guess it doesn't matter, just make it work. :laugh: I saw in this video how his are tucked a different way and they rest perfectly in the hook. Starting at about 4:20

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I wonder if Ken's BH steps work on the 260B ?

Kenny?
The 260B comes with a step now. You can see it just forward of the left wheel. It folds up with the stabilizer.

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
I'll post a pic of mine tmrw. At least it'll give you an idea to compare.

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
The 260B comes with a step now. You can see it just forward of the left wheel. It folds up with the stabilizer.

Oh that's right. Maybe Kenny will have a liquidation sale and I can pick some up cheap :lol:

Reactions: Levi and JustinHEMI

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

haha - fortunately I already have most of what I need from my 425 which will move over. I have a grapple from Innovative Tractor Attachments and a 46 snowthrower which I completely rebuilt. I also have an almost new 47 snowblower with hydraulic chute that I got from a 1025 from a guy that was moving. I really only bought it to get the Quick Hitch, prop shaft, and front carrier, but I have to give some thought as to which I'll keep and which I'll sell.

For new stuff I probably will get the stand for the back hoe as well as a thumb and ripper. And of course what I'd really like is a cab for snow duty. That will be some significant coin.

Reactions: Levi and JustinHEMI

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations on your purchase.

Now, go visit uncle Kenny[/SIZE][/B][/I].....Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

He has many things you simply MUST have such as

Backhoe Steps.

Bolt on Bucket bucket Hooks.

New I Match Main Hook (got mine today, excellent product and big improvement over OEM)

Proper lifting straps and rigging gear to lift things safely and correctly.

And many more.

Seriously, I am simply a satisfied customer as are many of us here on GTT. Ken is a great guy to deal with and can make your great new machine OUTSTANDING.

Also, as a Public Service Announcement, PLEASE make sure to be extremely careful when you have the backhoe off your tractor and you are using the Front End Loader to carry any weight.

At all times, Always carry all bucket loads very low to the ground and move slowly.

When the backhoe is off, the machine can become very unstable, very easily when carrying any load. Just go easy and take your time to learn your machine. Slow and steady.....and SAFELY.

Make sure to read one of the threads on "Rear Ballast" and other such safe operating threads. Often, when new owners get a machine with a backhoe, the dealers fail to talk about the need for other ballast sources when the backhoe is removed. Just go up to the "Search Bar" on the upper right of any page and type "rear Ballast" or tractor rollover, etc. As they say, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt or something goes wrong.
Yes, I'm familiar with Ken's stuff - I have a set of his hooks on the 40 Loader on my 425.

And I appreciate the safety reminders although I am familiar with all that from my previous tractor & loader. I am switching out the tires to HDAPs which I will fill - I've found I can snowblow without chains with no issues. I also have 6 suitcase weights that will stay on the back when the BH isn't attached. I'll probably look at a bracket from Heavy Hitch for those.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, if you didn't trade it in, keep it. Where one tractor is handy, multiple tractors are extra handy.....Plus they become part of the family over time and it's hard to just kick them to the curb when the new girlfriend (1025R TLB Unit) comes along......:good2:
Nah, I don't have the space. Even though I grabbed Deere's 0% 5-year financing, I want to put the money from the 425 toward the new 1025. Plus it would sit most of the time so better someone else gets good use from it and the loader.

Reactions: Levi
1 - 20 of 31 Posts