Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 30 mins before leaving for work, the John Deere delivery guy called saying he wanted to drop this off.
2032R.jpg 2032r_front.JPG
Now all I'm trying to do is get the rest of the day off work! :greentractorride:

I guess I'll stay at work for a little while, should I order 2 or 3 of Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks? Also should I get the Combo deal, looks handy but how many people use both the hook and the Clevis with Shackle?

Thanks for the help, you guys rock!

Bruce

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
There is no way you should be at work. Tell them you have something in your eye and can't see staying there.
Congratulation.

BTW,
Also should I get the Combo deal, looks handy but how many people use both the hook and the Clevis with Shackle?
IMO, You won't use any if you don't have them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congrats, nice choice. Just traded my 1026r for a 2032r as well. Hope you can get off of work. Tell them your stressed and need to go home for some green therapy.:good2:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nice!!!!!!! And congrats on the new tractor. :good2:

I am one of those with both the hook and clevis/shackle. I do use them both (a lot actually) as different situations call for chains, straps, etc. I have yet to encounter a situation where the clevis gets in the way. It works quite neatly tucked up near the top of the bucket.

Again, congratulations on the new addition to your Deere herd.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, nice choice. Just traded my 1026r for a 2032r as well. Hope you can get off of work. Tell them your stressed and need to go home for some green therapy.:good2:

I'm going to trying every excuse I can think of. How long have you had your 2032r? Only thing I'm noticing that I might really miss is the seat on the 1026r? what do you think about the 2032r seat? I'm really thinking about taking this mod and applying to my 2032r.
SE SEAT FOR MY 2520

·
Registered
30 Posts
What was the reason for the switch? Was it just the increased HP or some
other factor? I am guessing you can use the same loader, mower deck, etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,094 Posts
Congrats on the new toy!

I guess I'll stay at work for a little while, should I order 2 or 3 of Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks? Also should I get the Combo deal, looks handy but how many people use both the hook and the Clevis with Shackle?
I put 2 combos on my 2032R bucket. For the cost, it's well worth having both. You really only *need* to have them once to figure out how much of a PITA it is NOT to have them. I use mine a lot for pulling up saplings, moving logs, pulling larger rocks out of the lawn, etc...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What was the reason for the switch? Was it just the increased HP or some
other factor? I am guessing you can use the same loader, mower deck, etc.
I had to change the mower deck, the 1026r had the 62" mm, and it wouldn't work on the 2032R. however I went with the rear finish mower, which is sooo much better IMO. the rear discharge is great, grass isn't flying everywhere and it mows taller grass so much cleaner. also changed from the H120 to the H130 loader, from initial inspection, I believe the arms are longer and the quick attachment is different than the 1026R, even though they work the same.

I changed because I bought the 4.75 acre lot next to me, because the builder plotted out a house 75 feet outside my bedroom window! Now I can build a big shed and some other things, but of course it REQUIRED a bigger tractor. :laugh: Also, the 55g sprayer worked on the 1026r, but I couldn't fill it all the way up. When I went to buy front end weights I saw the 2025R and the salesman put the 55g sprayer on it and filled it all the way up with no weights and impressed me, so I decided to trade in the 1026R.

I looked at the 2025R exact same tractor as the 1026R just bigger, then the guys on here started discussing the differences, and I thought it was a better fit to have more HP for the finish mower and the faster hydraulics of the 2032r.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Nice trade up:good2: I am watching and thinking of the same. I wonder if the 130 loader fork attachments will work on both loaders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice trade up:good2: I am watching and thinking of the same. I wonder if the 130 loader fork attachments will work on both loaders.
The same buckets work, so I don't see why they would not. If you want to give me the measurements on the fork attachments I would be happy to check when I get home today.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is no way you should be at work. Tell them you have something in your eye and can't see staying there.
Congratulation.

BTW,
IMO, You won't use any if you don't have them.
Thanks guys, ordering 2 of the combos.. hate to run into an instance when I needed them and didn't have them. Oh, the wife's really starting to regret giving me the "oh yes you will" on buying that land now! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
about 30 mins before leaving for work, the John Deere delivery guy called saying he wanted to drop this off.
View attachment 31635 View attachment 31636
Now all I'm trying to do is get the rest of the day off work! :greentractorride:

Thanks for the help, you guys rock!

Bruce
Get (3) - I only got 2 and I've already regretted not having a center hook on a couple of occasions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get (3) - I only got 2 and I've already regretted not having a center hook on a couple of occasions.
already have to drill and mount them, so what's 1 more.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
already have to drill and mount them, so what's 1 more.
It's nice for a single chain/center lift, or as a place to hook the slack end of the chain (excess) to keep it out of the way. At some point I'll have to pick up another.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
All the attachments using JDQA from the 1 series tractors to the 4 series will interchange. :good2:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm going to trying every excuse I can think of. How long have you had your 2032r? Only thing I'm noticing that I might really miss is the seat on the 1026r? what do you think about the 2032r seat? I'm really thinking about taking this mod and applying to my 2032r.
SE SEAT FOR MY 2520
I've only had it for about 2 weeks. It came in when all the overtime at work started so I really havn't used it yet. Yes, the seat and room between seat and steering wheel are the only things I miss. My son likes to ride on my lap and it's hard to do on this tractor. You would think being an R series it would come with a premium seat. Still not sure if I liked the plastic hood and fenders better or the metal hood and fenders on the 2032. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, bought 3 Grab Hook/Clevis Combos Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Bolt-On>> at the recommendations of the excellent guys here. (this was done at work since they didn't believe my Green Blurry Eye excuse)

Remember I loved my 1026R, just needed more HP and a bigger stance!
Then I went home and put 3.5 hours on the new tractor. compared to the 1026r the 2032R is, faster, has a better ride, and very responsive running FEL and driving.

Bad part: the seat sucks! I'm 6'2" and had knee surgery 2 years ago. this was never an issue with the 1026R, but sitting so upright and close to the hydrostatic transmission pedals for 3 hours caused some serious knee pains.

so tonight I bought this Michigan Seat Highback Suspension Seat — Black, Model# V-5300 | Suspension Seats| Northern Tool + Equipment hoping to be able to raise the seat to get more room and to make it more comfortable. I plan on doing something like this: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/medium-frame-compact-utility-tractors-mcut/1348-se-seat-mod-2520-a.html

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The same buckets work, so I don't see why they would not. If you want to give me the measurements on the fork attachments I would be happy to check when I get home today.
No need, but thanks! If the FEL will work then the Forks will work. They use the same quick attachment.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Your gonna love the hooks. I did do mine a bit different. I have a hook on each end of the bucket, then the Clevis D ring in the center on top of the bucket.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I've only had it for about 2 weeks. It came in when all the overtime at work started so I really havn't used it yet. Yes, the seat and room between seat and steering wheel are the only things I miss. My son likes to ride on my lap and it's hard to do on this tractor. You would think being an R series it would come with a premium seat. Still not sure if I liked the plastic hood and fenders better or the metal hood and fenders on the 2032. Only time will tell.
How about the center hood fill up? Always seemed like an afterthought on JD's part. Love the 2032R otherwise!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts