Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has the new Artillian 60" plow? I am still in the market for either a 2025R or 2032R and have been enjoying all the discussions on snow removal. Artillian used to adapt their frame with a JD 54" blade. But now I see they came out with their own. Curious about pro's or con's, even if you don't own one, some of your thoughts? Here is a link to the product. Thanks. (Sorry, I tried to upload a screenshot of the webpage but it just came out to be a bunch of letters from my MacBook Pro. Heres the website.)
FELBS & Spreaders

Attachments

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
New Artillian 60" Hydraulic Angling Plow

Milo1906 you beat us to the punch! We just introduced a 60 inch hydraulic angling plow that mounts directly to the Artillian pallet fork frame. Great for plowing snow, light grading or general landscaping. As you can see on our web site there are also several attachments for it including extension wings and snow deflector. If you have any specific questions please give us a call: 508-459-4394. We’d love to answer any questions. Thank you for noticing.

Sincerely

Artillian Sales Team

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
I have a question regarding pallet fork frame versions. If I recall the Artillian grapple will only fit fork frames made after a certain date. I also see on the new 60" plow brochure a mention about "Fits 2015~ pallet fork frame attachments".

For those of us who have previously purchased an Artillian pallet fork/frame set, how can we determine what is and isn't compatible? Is there a way to visually identify compatible fork frames as I suspect most folks don't remember the month/year they bought their frame. I don't see anything on the website that explains it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you, I didn't realize our info sheet said that. I'll have our literature updated to clarify this.
Here too
artplow.jpg

I'm guessing this doesn't come with the frame? Can it be used on either the 3000 lb or 2300 lb frames?
:gizmo:

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Stan and Dan... The Eagle Eyes of GTT! :good2:

I like this blade. I saw it on their site a couple of weeks ago. I like the chain that lets the blade follow the contour of the surface being cleared. If I'm thinking correctly, this might take away the issue of having to adjust your FEL tilt angle to be proper for plowing. Also, if adjusting the blade angle, you won't have to worry about one side of the blade hitting the pavement before the other because the blade should eventually level out as you're lowering the FEL frame. I think that the chain suspending the blade is actually superior to the Frontier blade sold by JD.

ARTILLIAN - here's a suggestion for you.... Offer an option for the plow to mount directly on the JDQA instead of having to use the fork frame. I know that's counter-intuitive to your system, but... I'm guessing that the blade mounting frame is mounted on the fork frame in the same basic manner as the Front Hoe or the Grapple sections. In other words, you have to position it such that the "bottom lip" goes under the bottom of the fork frame and then you have to "lift and slide" the implement so that the bottom and top are both locked to the fork frame, and then you use the "retaining keys". In my mind, that's kind of a PITA and that blade is heavier than any of your other implements.

I have a blade that I purchased from another member on her. Part of the reason that I bought it was that he had made a mount for the blade to use it on an Artillian frame. To mount it, I have to lift my FEL way up and then basically get under the FEL to bolt on the "bottom lip" to secure it to the frame. All in all, it only takes about 5 minutes to do, but I'm lazy!! And I don't like getting under the lifted FEL! Over the Summer I'm planning on buying a set of your JDQA brackets and having someone weld up some steel and the brackets so it's a true JDQA implement and I don't have to mess with the Artillian frame. That lets me keep my forks on my frame and I can quickly (2 minutes) switch between my blade and my forks instead of having to unmount my blade and remount my forks.

You could change my mind about this if you post a video showing how you mount the blade to the fork frame. I think that a video of that blade actually in use clearing snow would be great for you guys as well.

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
ARTILLIAN - here's a suggestion for you.... Offer an option for the plow to mount directly on the JDQA instead of having to use the fork frame. I know that's counter-intuitive to your system, but... I'm guessing that the blade mounting frame is mounted on the fork frame in the same basic manner as the Front Hoe or the Grapple sections.
If I'm reading the website correctly they already offer that (see below). Perhaps it's just me but I find the whole website presentation of the blade offerings very confusing. I still can't figure out what the differences are in the various fork frames and how you determine if your fork frame can accommodate the plow. I mean, the whole point of a modular system is to be able to utilize components that you already own.

Like I said, I love Artillian products but I find the product details and presentations on the website very confusing.

Jon Ritter has a YouTube video demonstrating the new plow but there are a lot of details left out like... what comes with the plow for $1499? His setup shows some kind of relief valve setup but no explanation if that comes standard with the plow. I don't even see it pictured or mentioned on the Artillian website. Additional details would sure be appreciated.

Even with the above information about plows configured for the JDQA system it is very confusing on how they differ from the one shown at the top of the page. All they show is one tiny photo of a cab tractor with a blade.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts

Even with the above information about plows configured for the JDQA system it is very confusing on how they differ from the one shown at the top of the page. All they show is one tiny photo of a cab tractor with a blade.
I think if you go to the regular Curtis website you'd find more info on that specific plow setup. Curtis has been selling the SnoPro plows for years and those, as well as their other lines of snow blades, have always had a JDQA mounting system.

https://curtisindustries.net/product/loader-blades/

It looks like they are just trying to get additional marketing exposure by listing them on the Artillian page now too. It's probably a good marketing idea but if someone doesn't know that Artillian is a part of Curtis, they'd never know to go look at the main Curtis pages.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I just came across Jon Ritter's videos while searching for anything on the snow plow. He LOVES his Artillian setup!! Hard to tell who's more enthusiastic about it - him or TTWT Tim! :laugh:

You're right - the blade page on the Artillian site is kind of confusing. It looks like the JDQA blade is not the snow plow - it's a completely different blade. I haven't looked on the Curtis hydraulics page to see if the cross-over relief valve you mentioned is listed on there. But, if you need one for your Deere, I know that Kenny sells one on his site. Just $100.

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
I just came across Jon Ritter's videos while searching for anything on the snow plow. He LOVES his Artillian setup!! Hard to tell who's more enthusiastic about it - him or TTWT Tim! :laugh:

You're right - the blade page on the Artillian site is kind of confusing. It looks like the JDQA blade is not the snow plow - it's a completely different blade. I haven't looked on the Curtis hydraulics page to see if the cross-over relief valve you mentioned is listed on there. But, if you need one for your Deere, I know that Kenny sells one on his site. Just $100.
I wish Jon Ritter would have shown more info than just running back and forth making snow piles. He didn't show how to attach or detach the blade. He also made no mention of that big silver box that all his hoses go through.

I was just curious what all comes standard for $1499. I know a lot of items shown in Jon's video are options. I was mainly curious what the price would be when configured with the necessary add-ons.

·
Registered
21,163 Posts
Jgayman - without looking back for it - I think I remember it saying that it was plumbed for a relief valve but no mention of it being included. I think this is a great feature - and if it is not included I can understand to make it optional to keep the price down if need be.

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
Jgayman - without looking back for it - I think I remember it saying that it was plumbed for a relief valve but no mention of it being included. I think this is a great feature - and if it is not included I can understand to make it optional to keep the price down if need be.
I agree completely. But they should include those details and list the valve along with the other options. I can’t imagine having a plow like this without using a relief valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
I wish Jon Ritter would have shown more info than just running back and forth making snow piles. He didn't show how to attach or detach the blade. He also made no mention of that big silver box that all his hoses go through.

I was just curious what all comes standard for $1499. I know a lot of items shown in Jon's video are options. I was mainly curious what the price would be when configured with the necessary add-ons.
If you look closely at his video you can see he has a diverter installed on the inside of his loader arms on the right-hand side. And the pic of the Artiallian 60" plow on their web site shows a "box" on the top of the plow right behind the moldboard with all the hydro lines feeding into it. So that isn't an option he installed. It comes with the plow. The only reason for it being there that I can think of would be that it is a cross-over relief valve.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Guys,

I have the Artillian 60" blade here. ...but I haven't got it out of the crate yet. So much time, so little to do!

I'll show how it mounts to the frame so that we can get answers to those questions.

Confession time....I haven't yet got my Artillian diverter onto the new Johnny and 120R yet. This is obviously a prerequisite to showing the blade in action.

Got to get to this soon! Spring is almost here! ...but this week's 0 degree weather makes it feel like spring is months away!

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
Guys,

I have the Artillian 60" blade here. ...but I haven't got it out of the crate yet. So much time, so little to do!
I suspect then that Jon got his new plow the same way which would sort of explain his rather excessive unbridled enthusiasm. Especially coming from someone who was previously a die hard "blow snow or go home" type of guy. :)

·
Premium Member
10,694 Posts
Just to clarify - I found the wording about the plumbing for the relief valve on the website - not on the .pdf page.

Thanks Stan. I guess that means it DOESN'T come with the valve? It still seems very confusing for the potential buyer as to what exactly they must purchase extra. Especially since the valve isn't mentioned or pictured anywhere in the options.

Also notice how it mentions "blade markers" as if they are included yet they are clearly listed as a $54 option.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts