Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited for months to get this new 4' box blade at a good price. I got it at our local Farm & Home store. It is built tough like many of the other heavy duty brands. I'm not sure who makes it, and the owners manual was partially destroyed. I'm happy with it, and it works great. The regular price was $400.00 and I got it for 25% off on sale, SCORE!! I have since re-worked my quick hitch to make it connect to my new addition. I only needed to extend the top hook out an inch for easier hook up.
Thanks for lookin
KHOP
P.S. sorry guys, I should of posted this in the attachment section.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats on a great deal!

·
Registered
153 Posts
That box blade looks identical to my jd frontier BB2048......nice score

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Looks like a good grab...

I have a question on the top hook... Why did you weld material to the back of the hook for the top link instead of adjusting out your actual top link on the tractor? What it a spacing issue with the connector on the box blade? I can't fully tell from the photos what drove the method of change you used.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Top hook

Meb, I extended it out so the hook would snag the top pin easier. It would not go in far enough due to the bolts hitting the iron first. Someone else did the same thing on this site too. I used the end of a class 1 receiver to make the extension.
Thanks
KHOP

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had the same problem with my quick hitch. Andy b posted a thread on how he fixed his hitch. ( same problem with his hitch) I also copied what he done.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Looks good, post some shots of what you do with it. I have a long list of things I hope to do when I get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts