Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best battery to use on my 445?
I live in northern NY, it gets cold here in the winter.
My current battery came with the tractor & lasted over 3 years.
Is it worth the effort to keep it on a trickle charger?

·
Registered
280 Posts
well, i am in it for interstate batteries, i also like the john deere strong box batteries..

as for the maintainer, i would say no unless you are keeping it outside

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I have been buying nothing buy Sear Die Hard Platinum batteries. Make sure they are the Platinum ones as those are re-branded odyssey batteries. The warranty on the ones I purchased has been 4 years covered 100%, then after 4 years they cover them by a percentage. So far, I have had great luck with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been buying nothing buy Sear Die Hard Platinum batteries. Make sure they are the Platinum ones as those are re-branded odyssey batteries. The warranty on the ones I purchased has been 4 years covered 100%, then after 4 years they cover them by a percentage. So far, I have had great luck with them.
I agree with Brian. I've heard nothing but good things about the Sears Diehard Platinum/Odyssey batteries. I also belong to a boating forum and the guys rave about those batteries as being one of the best.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
One of the things I didn't like about Deere upgrading the 420/430 to the 4X5 series was the battery. The older tractors used car batteries, while the newer 4X5 use the L&G batteries. I have a 445 myself and I think it will take a group 51 car battery. I want to check that out when it needs a new battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts