Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new big tex 10cc -18 trailer. 10k rating with removable fenders and rear loading jacks. Also has 5ft ramps. I installed the tool box, spare tire and weight hitch. I love the brakes when towing my off road truck. My 1026 doesn't even phase it. uploadfromtaptalk1438086974287.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438087011845.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438087041103.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438087081173.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
:bigthumb:

Looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
$3700 with spare tire
That's a great price, nice off roader too! You obviously care about your equipment.. Good for you, that says a lot about a person.. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
I'm jealous...I wish I had bought that style years ago, so much easier to load/unload pallets.

Mine:

DSC03463.JPG

DSC03469.JPG

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Have you loaded the 1026R with the mowing deck installed? How does it do for clearance with no beavertail? And, how long are the ramps themselves?

I'm looking specifically for an equipment trailer (NOT a car carrier) because the beavertail affords better clearance for when I have the mowing deck on.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
nice looking trailer u got their, and I think a fair price too in todays market. I have the rail system like kennyd showed u along with the same type tool box, it's a mid-atlantic yr2002, and I gave $1600 back then for it. and now with forks I wish I didn't have them rails, their a pita to load anything on the sides. good luck with it and thanks for the pics. big jim

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Have you loaded the 1026R with the mowing deck installed? How does it do for clearance with no beavertail? And, how long are the ramps themselves?

I'm looking specifically for an equipment trailer (NOT a car carrier) because the beavertail affords better clearance for when I have the mowing deck on.
5ft ramps. I only haul the tractor with the backhoe and loader but I don't see an issue with approach with the deck on. I did not want a beaver tail so I can use the full length of the deck to haul anything. The 10cc is an equipment trailer not a car hauler. The car hauler has the axles further back for door clearance. Door clearance is not an issue for me lol.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice looking trailer u got their, and I think a fair price too in todays market. I have the rail system like kennyd showed u along with the same type tool box, it's a mid-atlantic yr2002, and I gave $1600 back then for it. and now with forks I wish I didn't have them rails, their a pita to load anything on the sides. good luck with it and thanks for the pics. big jim
Yeah, I did not want the side rails limiting my loads.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know where you bought the trailer, and I've been looking to maybe pick up a 10ET (has a beavertail and fold-down ramps which I personally like better). I'm wondering, though, if you could maybe post up a pic of the coupler? I can't find anything in their marketing info as to exactly how it operates and it appears to be very different from what other trailers have in terms of the latch mechanism.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know where you bought the trailer, and I've been looking to maybe pick up a 10ET (has a beavertail and fold-down ramps which I personally like better). I'm wondering, though, if you could maybe post up a pic of the coupler? I can't find anything in their marketing info as to exactly how it operates and it appears to be very different from what other trailers have in terms of the latch mechanism.
Check them out here: Bulldog - Trailer Couplers

I personally think its a superior design to all other styles of ball couplers.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Check them out here: Bulldog - Trailer Couplers

I personally think its a superior design to all other styles of ball couplers.
Thanks, Kenny. I never thought to look up the manufacturer of the coupler. It's an interesting design and definitely different. If it works well, I'm all for it!

:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the trailer at the trailer outlet in tilton nh. The coupler is very smooth and simple to use. Appears to be very strong.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I got the trailer at the trailer outlet in tilton nh. The coupler is very smooth and simple to use. Appears to be very strong.
Like I said... :)

Did you have to "negotiate in" the spare to get the price you did? Or, was that the deal he was running? I'm looking at a 10ET which might be a little higher price than yours because of the materials that make it up being slightly more. Trying to decide if I have any legs to negotiate in something more / lower cost than what he's advertising.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like I said... :)

Did you have to "negotiate in" the spare to get the price you did? Or, was that the deal he was running? I'm looking at a 10ET which might be a little higher price than yours because of the materials that make it up being slightly more. Trying to decide if I have any legs to negotiate in something more / lower cost than what he's advertising.
Spare was extra but he threw it in when I pointed out a dented fender.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Spare was extra but he threw it in when I pointed out a dented fender.
Good to know - I'll keep it in mind.

I went through this process three years ago. Checked out the Big Tex at a CT Trailer dealer (I won't name names - LOL) and immediately dispensed with the product (WAY too expensive) and the dealer (way too pushy and treated me like I was a complete moron). Went to a different dealer and got a respectable deal on an Anderson 18' 5T (10k). A year later, with the ability to actually TOW the trailer gone (sold the truck), I opted to sell the trailer.

Fast forward to now and I called that same local dealer up and they told me A) they would have to order the 10ET-18 because they weren't in stock or coming in (they stock 12k trailers of that length which area a HUGE pain to register in CT) and B) the cost would be $5086 and he was giving me a little discount. I laughed and told him I could go buy one -today- for $3700 and he said "Do me a favor - bring two back for me because I can't buy them for that". What a load of crap!

Found another dealer advertising them for $4100 and have inquired about their best cash price (the NH guy says his prices are cash prices and he adds a fee for CC purchases). I'll be honest - I don't really want to drive 3 plus hours each way to NH to get the trailer, but the other dealer I found is a couple of hours away themselves.

Anyway... Looks like this might be the route I'll end up going as my only real "local" option would be a PJ for about $3800, but the dealer doesn't seem to want to bother to quote it to me so that we could get it ordered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts