Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm due for a blade change on the Z915E. I've done a search on blade selection and from the discussions it seems that most select between stock, G6 or the Predator 2. I am mowing between 4-5 acres and some of it can be rough. I have a mixture of fescue, St. Augustine and Bermuda with a touch of rye thrown in. I do prefer a very fine finished cut and am considering adding a striping unit to the Ztrak. Should I stick with the John Deere OEM replacements or go with aftermarket?

Thanks for any insight:good2:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Hmm, I have three blade types. OEM High Lift, Oregon G6 and JD version of Gator Blades. Of the three I like the JD version of the Gator Blades the least. Even though it was made by Oregon, they are made to JD specs and don't work as well as the G6. I don't know that I notice a big difference between G6 and High Lift at least with my type of grass.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears there is no real advantage moving away from OEM. I'll stick with it. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Gizmo2 and deere36

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,095 Posts
It appears there is no real advantage moving away from OEM. I'll stick with it. Thanks guys!
I use the OEM standard blade, not the high lift. I know a lot of people like the Gator blades but I lost interest in the after market blades many years ago.
Our commercial Z-Master liked the high lift blades, I don't see the need for them on our Z915B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I switched from my stock JD blades to G6 Gator blades on my Z915B. The cut before the switch the stock blades were starting to leave lines of accumulated grass clippings. My next mow with the new G6 blades left no lines of grass clippings. I was very impressed with how well these blades mulched and distributed the clippings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts