Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the blades off my X380. I hit a steel rebar and it checked up two of my blades pretty good so I'm just going to replace them all.

The blades I pulled off the tractor are the m127673 mulching blades.

I do have both the Mulch Kit & Power Flow system. I don't have an issue with these blades at all... I also found the 3-in-1 blades at Home Depot, and do have a Home Depot gift card. Do I consider these?

I do mulch 90% of the summer. I almost never side-discharge. I use the Power Flow in the fall, and then occasionally in the summer if I let things get too long, or if I have company coming over that I know we'll be playing in the yard the same day or next day before the clippings will settle into the grass to lessen tracking clippings into the house.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,701 Posts
The blades I pulled off the tractor are the m127673 mulching blades.

I do have both the Mulch Kit & Power Flow system. I don't have an issue with these blades at all... I also found the 3-in-1 blades at Home Depot, and do have a Home Depot gift card. Do I consider these?
I have the full-time mulch kit on my X500/48" and use the same blade. I mulch 100% of the time year round. I have been extremely happy with the way they perform. Even when I let the grass get 6" tall and then cut to 3" I get no clogging and no clumps and no visible clippings.

Keep in mind that the 3-in-1 blades are a compromise blade design meaning they are only so-so at all cutting tasks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the full-time mulch kit on my X500/48" and use the same blade. I mulch 100% of the time year round. I have been extremely happy with the way they perform. Even when I let the grass get 6" tall and then cut to 3" I get no clogging and no clumps and no visible clippings.

Keep in mind that the 3-in-1 blades are a compromise blade design meaning they are only so-so at all cutting tasks.
10-4.

I didnt know if I should also consider gator blades at all too? See a lot of posts about them too

·
Premium Member
10,701 Posts
10-4.

I didnt know if I should also consider gator blades at all too? See a lot of posts about them too
If it ain't broke... :)

Seriously, gator blades are all the rage but they seem to be a mixed bag. If you search around it seems that for every three good reviews there is a review that says "Meh". In a deck without the mulch kit they probably do work a bit better than stock blades but if you have the dedicated mulch kit installed I gotta believe the dedicated mulching blades are the way to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it ain't broke... :)

Seriously, gator blades are all the rage but they seem to be a mixed bag. If you search around it seems that for every three good reviews there is a review that says "Meh". In a deck without the mulch kit they probably do work a bit better than stock blades but if you have the dedicated mulch kit installed I gotta believe the dedicated mulching blades are the way to go.
Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best blades. :)

My current blades are only 1 season old.... but like I said, I had a little accident at the end of the season last year. lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Stick with the Deere blades they eat everything that goes into the mulching deck and only leave dust behind.

Home Depot is ok but stick with the blades that work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts