Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Picked up a, new to me, used Bush Hog TD1100. Haven't tried it yet, but probably this weekend weather permitting.

Looks good.... 11ft??? Looks like now they only have 15ft and 17ft. I could use any of them and cut my mowing time down even further than it is now with my 110 inch RFM.

Dave

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Thanks Dave. Yes it's an 11ft cut, 4 48" decks. I'll need blades as these are pretty worn.

They can be sharpened. Do you have an angle grinder? That works best. Sharp edge on an RFM, however not so sharp on a brush hog. Here is a pic of my 10ft brush hog propped up for sharpening.

Dave

Rhino SR120 brush hog.jpg

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can be sharpened.

Dave
Sadly no they can't be sharpened. They have been ground a few times already and are pretty worn down. I may try though if for nothing else to get me by until I get new ones.

The school that had it before me included the owners manual, all service points highlighted, and in the box with that was some extra used blades that are probably only half the width of new. So I'd say those are not worth it. They are a 17"(??) blade and I may see if I can find something at the farm store or order a new Bush Hog set.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
That’s awesome! Nice find! :drinks:

Good to see you back as well. :thumbup1gif: I’ve missed seeing your posts here on GTT.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First run went ok. Have to learn a new mowing pattern. Took an easy hour+ off my mowing.

My observations:

Makes the tractor work (pulling 2500lbs, air conditioning running, full speed low range, cutting 11 feet)

Someone loved grease. The CV joint had so much gease in it that the whole rear of my tractor was coated in grease. Used an entire roll of paper towels cleaning it off. Doesn' help that the CV cover is beat up and the joint isn't a sealed unit.

Running temp stayed right at 200°F (load removed it dropped back to 160°F), about 8 PSI of boost, and I could pull down about 300 RPM going up a hill.

Cut ok even with crappy blades. A lot of clippings stuck to the bottom of the decks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts