Green Tractor Talk banner

New Cab Radio Kits include External Antenna

11377 Views 20 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Nuru
I installed my radio today in the Cab of the new 4520 and to my suprise it include an external antenna. I never had issues with the old system, but my dealer says he did in his area.

Its pretty nice...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
And how flexible is that antennae?
Very flexible. It basically rubber. It also will tilt of hit.

When I fist seen it in there I was kind of put off. I had no issues with the old set up, but I can get stations even my truck will not pick up with it. Pretty cool.
I've never had a problem with mine...BUT this kit would be a great starting point for someone with XM/Sirius Rado...could mod the bracket to have both antennas and route the wiring together...
Brian, I think that is excellent actually. Can you provide a parts list for that antenna? I have a Sirius and I really like how that looks. I use the Sirius antenna now, but this looks very cool.
I have had problems getting radio stations. I wondered if it needed to be grounded. I've already ordered the parts to do install on mine. Looks good. Also like the weights on the inside of wheels.
Sam, do you know the part numbers? I have looked on JD parts and not found it. Mine came in the radio kit.
Yea I have them let me find them bracket luv21341. Grommet t122938. Screws 19m7867. Antenna swjd11. I'm gonna make my own bracket. Jd wants $19.00 and 5 days to ship. Grommet is $8.00 same 5 days. So it will be faster for me to make my own then I can put my Sirius antenna there too.
Sam, do you know the part numbers? I have looked on JD parts and not found it. Mine came in the radio kit.
Thanks Sam!
I already made my own, radio picks up a lot more stations
Yea I have them let me find them bracket luv21341. Grommet t122938. Screws 19m7867. Antenna swjd11. I'm gonna make my own bracket. Jd wants $19.00 and 5 days to ship. Grommet is $8.00 same 5 days. So it will be faster for me to make my own then I can put my Sirius antenna there too.
Thanks Sam, how about the antenna cable is there a part number for that too?
It's part of the antenna.
Thanks Sam, how about the antenna cable is there a part number for that too?

Here's two images of home made antenna mount.
I already made my own, radio picks up a lot more stations
Very nice Sam. I like that mounting plate better than the OEM one.
It's an old flat wrench. Lol I guess I'm trying to be green
Great way to reuse it and a great thing others can use!
Personally, I think it looks like it belongs there (factory) or better than. Good job.
Sam,
Very neat retrofit and good use of an otherwise worthless wrench.
Yea I don't remember what it even fit. Lol
Sam,
Very neat retrofit and good use of an otherwise worthless wrench.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.