Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Rhinohide canopy this past week, can’t wait to get it, quick response after ordering indicating when it would ship. Highly recommend, I used good works tractors as reference for the discount. The model I ordered was Rhinohide EASY OFF/ON model (E) with Backhoe & Multi-Equip KIT.
Tired of baking in the sun!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Here's a video that helped convince me to go with the Rhinohide on my tractor. The on and off demo part starts at about 3:30 into the video. Before that are reasons to have a canopy, and when not to have one on.

By the way, the holes he talks about drilling are not into the ROPS itself. The holes are through the mounting brackets that come with the canopy, once you decide the mounting position you want for your tractor, so it can be customized on most any tractor regardless of slope of the ROPS.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Having a canopy is nice. I usually wait till mid day to mow so the sun is directly above and not peeking in under the canopy.

I looked at some golf cart tops once to add one to my old 855 and decided they were too lightweight.

My 4310 has a heavy fiberglass JD canopy on it. I haven't removed it but one time but no way you could handle it with one person. I mounted an old under dash type AC evaporator under mine for the fan. I originally put a cooler behind the ROP and pumped ice water through it but it melted the ice so fast I gave up on that idea and just use the fan now. You can get fans for a lot less than I spent that would work fine.

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I have a ROPS mounted umbrella shade that I really like. It is surprising how much difference a little shade makes. When this wears out I’ll be changing over to a hard roof canopy. And if I were to buy another new tractor I’d order it with a canopy.
For a cooling fan, electric radiator fans from a pick n pull junkyard could probably be picked up really cheap and a variety of sizes.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
The Rhinohide canopy material is said not to be paintable with typical plastic adhering spray paint. I imagine a pro could find a way to get JD green to adhere though. I don't mind black myself, although I wonder sometimes if the top were white or even reflective foil covered on top it might be a little cooler underneath.

I put my Rhinohide mounting clamps as low down on the ROPS as I could. The 1025R backwards-leaning ROPS on my tractor is higher than the top of my canopy. That lower mounting position blocks sun better when the sun is not straight overhead and gives me more shaded seat time.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
My canopy is made by A&P Products. I made a new top half of the roll bar because I could never get in the garage with it up.

Reactions: Kbar and ClydeLogan

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Canopy is very nice especially when you’re bald. Made mine outta scrap. Does the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.