Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been lurking around here enjoying seeing what everyone is building and decided I needed to add on to have w place for the 1025R to sit out of the weather.

Original garage is 12x24, adding on 12x24 car port. Eventually I'll pour a pad and close it in, just trying to get this done before snow flies...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720765.449243.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720848.259606.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720908.624394.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720959.525956.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414720983.038795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
My number 1 helper

You will have no problem getting it done with your helper.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
I'd move your car before it gets damaged. :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
At least you have a big helper ,, he's doing a pretty good job so far. Tell him to keep up the good work !:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd move your car before it gets damaged. :lol:
He should keep it in my garage. I'll even drive it to keep it lubed up.:thumbup1gif::lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He should keep it in my garage. I'll even drive it to keep it lubed up.:thumbup1gif::lol:
Car is good, there's a loft above it in that side and I'm used to packing stuff in around it.

That being said I'm the only one moving stuff around it so if I ding it I can only be pissed at myself. :)

Gotta go get some 2x6s, plywood and felt this weekend.

Anyone have experience with the self adhesive rubber layers versus felt?

What about zip board versus standard osb?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Jb822, I was referring to the car in the first picture. :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Rubber layer better under shingles.. felt never was a great underlayment. Never used the new zip product.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
That is going to be nice!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks et, was leaning that way. I'm not going to shingle before winter this year. Think I'm gonna just Tarp it with the rubber layer under it on top of osb.

Picked up rest of materials today to get it done but won't get a chance to work on it now for a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Running out of weather to get it done. I got it covered with tar paper just in time for snow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it tar papered and ran out of weather. Tarped it for the winter but it's a spot to park stuff out of the weather for now. Will finish in the spring

1 - 20 of 20 Posts