Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled gear and motor oil on my new compactor:

Pro Point has yet to disappoint me, although I'm not too impressed I need to pull the lifting bar to change the oil.

Still, the price is excellent, fit and finish looks fantastic.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Pro Point has yet to disappoint me, although I'm not too impressed I need to pull the lifting bar to change the oil.
Perhaps you could use an oil sucker instead of the drain hole. I've been using an oil sucker on all of my small engines and it is quick and mess free.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
Just filled gear and motor oil on my new compactor:

Still, the price is excellent, fit and finish looks fantastic.
How much $$?
I use one I borrow from a friend that is like 3000 years old. Has the old wrap around starter rope.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How much $$?
I use one I borrow from a friend that is like 3000 years old. Has the old wrap around starter rope.

Currently goes for $1599 CAD, I purchased it with a raincheck I "found" from the March sale :)mocking:) for $1399 + 13% taxes.

So figure about $1100 USD with taxes.

Comes with a two year, no questions asked warranty. Pro Point is the premium in-house brand line at Princess Auto (think Harbour Freight, but better). Usually made in Taiwan or Japan. Their service is impeccable. Virtually every tool purchase I make nowadays is there, unless I need something extreme duty (machinist drill bits, for example).

Would a Drainzit fit? Drainzitâ„¢ Oil Drain Hoses | Drainzit Oil Drain Hoses

I have an old rental model, a Stone 26-it still does its work when I need it!

No, the front drain plug drips right into the belt area, the rear drain plug is physically blocked from being removed unless the lift bar is temporarily removed.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Holy crap, that is old! The last time I saw one of those was the old Monkey-Ward's dark green reel mower my old-man had when I was a little snot nosed brat in the early 60's.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
Holy crap, that is old! The last time I saw one of those was the old Monkey-Ward's dark green reel mower my old-man had when I was a little snot nosed brat in the early 60's.
IMG_0159.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
No, the front drain plug drips right into the belt area, the rear drain plug is physically blocked from being removed unless the lift bar is temporarily removed.
"If you suck it, it will drain".

oil_sucker.jpg

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
UPDATE:

Went on sale this week for $1285CAD (less than $999USD), got them to refund the difference. Smokin' deal!!! :bigthumb::good2::good2::good2:
Done any work with it yet? How’s it operate?

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Done any work with it yet? How’s it operate?

Yeah, building my fire pit area as we speak. Works just as good as the Mikasa's (sp?) I typically rent. I was initially concerned because the Honda engine would backfire if I cut off throttle really quick to idle (I realize, not typically how most owners operate, but I'm playing the role of "careless employee"). But within a day the problem went away completely just from using it. Not sure exactly why or what, but it doesn't do it anymore at all (and never did using some moderate care).

Pics up shortly.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
There was probably some schmoo in the fuel system that finally was dislodged and blown out of the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts