Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting to introduce myself. I took delivery of my first John Deere last week: 2520 with 62D and 200CX. Honestly, this is my first piece of equipment larger than a 42" riding mower. So needless to say, I'm a real newbie when is comes to using the 3-point and PTO. I look forward to leaning from you all. Attached is a photo. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Welcome to DT TT:good2:

Nice looking machine and property you have:yahoo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am new as well. I bought a 2520 a few weeks ago. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. Have fun looking around!!

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Guys, I started right where you are back in March of '08. That step up from garden and lawn tractors is a bit intimidating but, if I can do it anyone can. Isn't this learning FUN! :dance::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hi TT and welcome to DT:good2:
Enjoy that new machine. I've only a little over 70 hours on mine,but have loved every one of them.
I'll ask before Kennyd does. Did you also get a ballast box for that FEL?:wink:

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi TT and welcome to DT:good2:
Enjoy that new machine. I've only a little over 70 hours on mine,but have loved every one of them.
I'll ask before Kennyd does. Did you also get a ballast box for that FEL?:wink:

Greg
No, I don't have a ballast box yet. I'm still weighing my options. The dealer removed it from the order. I guess he didn't think I needed it and I was too dumb to ask. What does the Deere ballast box cost? It seems like that money could go towards a larger implement, like a box blade. Can you get lower priced boxes at places like Tractor Supply?

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
No, I don't have a ballast box yet. I'm still weighing my options. The dealer removed it from the order. I guess he didn't think I needed it and I was too dumb to ask. What does the Deere ballast box cost? It seems like that money could go towards a larger implement, like a box blade. Can you get lower priced boxes at places like Tractor Supply?
The JD BB is about $300. The advantage of it is that it's compact and heavy. A good heavy box blade will work but also gets in the way when doing FEL work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.