Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up this Shop Fox W1685 dust collector for the woodshop. With our recent addition of a planer and router/router table we decided it was time to do something about all of the dust and shavings. Looks like I will need to make some collection attachments for the radial arm saw, jointer, and table saw also along with making room for the new equipment.

Motor vehicle Yellow Font Rectangle Gas
Wood Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Industry

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dump the bag and get a canister filter, much more efficient and better for your lungs.
I plan on it later when I replenish the bank account. For now the unit will be rolled outside during use.

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you're like me, this could be the start of an obsession. I bought a DC about a decade ago because I had a large planer. Since then, I've become obsessed with connecting everything I own to the system. First it was the jointer and bandsaw. Then it became tablesaw, routers, sanders. I've not been 100% successful but I remain undeterred. I've even had custom hoods made for some of the machines. I can say, not having to sweep up after planing and jointing stock is something I cherish.

BTW, Taunton press has a great book on workshop dust collection; it contains quite a few good tips and suggestions.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reactions: Cjet69
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.